Friday, August 24, 2007

Why?

Why is it when you want to lose 10 lbs and decide to 'diet' all you can think about it food? the kitchen is whispering my name. I've gained 10 lbs this summer and it has got to go before Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I'm afraid that if I pack on holiday weight on top of what I already have packed on, that it will never go away. Plus I just feel uncomfortable. Clothes too tight. Bah. Grrrr. sigh...

The up side to my weight gain is that I know the only reason I gained it is because I'm happy. Whenever I am sad, stressed, or anxious I lose weight without thinking about it. I'm in a really good place now and I've learned to enjoy what I have, and not to worry about something terrible happening that will cause my house of cards to fall. If I think about it, bad things have happened every few years for my entire life. Big bad things that cause me to think happiness is an illusion. But I've kept my chin up (which I attribute solely to my Mom with the positive outlook on life) and now here I am. Fat and happy. :)

Do you think that pico de gallo and tortilla chips is a good diet? Maybe throw in avacado and shrimp for protein? Everyone together now: MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment