Monday, August 20, 2007

Our weekend

Tomorrow is Kimberly's meet the teacher night. I'm really happy with Kim's new teacher. I've heard great things and she seems like the epitomy of a kindergarten teacher. She just has that sweet look.

Whaaaaaa! My baby is going to school.


Tonight she stayed up late with me and I just held her and she just let me. I looked at her and couldn't help but wonder if I've done a good enough job. I wanted to cry and tell her I will miss her and ask her if I've done a good enough job and beg her forgiveness for not paying attention to every second and every breath and for letting time slip through my fingers without saturating myself in every moment of her smallness. Of course I wont because she draws her strength from me and she needs to be strong to get on that bus and leave home for 8 hours by herself. I looked at her little fingers and her wispy hair and tried to drink in the remainder of her babyness. But it's all gone. She can write, she can count, she can add, she knows her phone number and her address, she is sarcastic. She even cries like a big girl now. I see her lip quiver and her eyes fill with tears and watch her as she takes a deep breath tries to compose herself. It's like all of the sudden she has left the garden of eden and now she's ashamed to cry.
OMG it's just happened so fast.

Whew! I needed that! Lets talk about other stuff, -k-?

Kimberly went to a girly party this weekend. She got there and all the little girls got to pick out a gown, get their hair and makeup done, pick out jewelry to wear, and do the limbo and the Macarena. It was so much fun! I took a million pictures. At the end, all the little girls sat around the table and had cake and pink lemonade. It was a little girls dream. Apparently it was a big girls dream too because at the end of the party, I didn't want to leave. I lingered in the gift shop in the front and fussed and fawned over all the cute stuff they were selling, and bought Kimberly another Webkinz. A koala this time named Rosie Posie. Here's a pic of Kimmy-girl getting her hair did at the birthday party:

Hannah Banana Shazama Montana is settling in nicely. Oh, and the vet called and told me she has hookworms. Gross. And her Kennel Cough is working its way out of her body. She keeps hacking up puddles of goo all over my floor. Nice. She is on medication for both so all she needs now is a trip to the groomers. Her hair is so long that the poor dear can hardly see. It's all good though...I've come up with a solution: Hannah got her hair did too!


And here is a picture of Kennen just because. Jeff calls him the infallible child because he says I favor him. Pshaw! That's just silly. I favor a bubble bath and a good book!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your kiddies are so cute!! I wish they had girly parties when I was that age!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH that WHOLE first paragraph had me in absolute tears! You are such a good writer. You're very right about the little ones growing up too fast and wanting to ask them if we've done a good enough job. I find myself wondering that too...especially when things seem to be falling apart and I can't get it together. I hope she has a great day at school. Don't forget that you can go have lunch with her!!! Landen loved it when I did that with him. It was special time and if you take her something special for lunch, all the kids will tell her how cool her mom is when you leave! :)

~Penny~ said...

Stella,
I don't have little ones yet but I think you are being WAY TOO HARD on yourself.

It seems to me like you do an awesome job and Kim is growing up strong because she has you as a role model.

Umm...love the pics and good luck with her first day!

Jaiden said...

Great post. Your kids are absolutly adorable. Sending them off to school is going to be one of the hardest moments, mine is coming next year.

Post a Comment