Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School days

Yesterday Kimberly got on the bus, went to school, got back on the bus at the end of the day and and got off at the right stop. It all went down without a hitch. I only teared up a little. ;)

I can't believe how much I got done now that she's in school! I just did some light housekeeping, went to IKEA, came home to a clean(!) house and then cleaned some more. It's amazing how much less work only taking care of one child is. I'm so glad that she's going every day! Oh, and she was so tired when she got home. Excited and fulfilled, but very tired. Here is a photo recap of our day:

Here Comes the bus!
She gave me one last happy girl smile before she boarded the bus.


I ran up to the school after the bus drove away and stalked her like a crazy lady. I guess she saw the flash of my camera and looked back and saw me. She wasn't happy to see me either. She turned to her friend, rolled her eyes and said, "Why is my Mom here?" I was trying to be incognito to keep from upsetting her with my presence. I didn't want her to want me and cry and throw a fit and refuse to go to class unless she sat on my lap all day. Okay, maybe I did want that. But hard as nails Kimmy-girl quickly put me in my place. Here she is from behind...in the pink backpack.
Here she is at her table:


Here is a token picture of my buddy boy:


Then I spent the rest of the day at IKEA. I ate...I shopped...I ate some more. Those Swedish folks at ikea really know how to cook. I could eat meatballs all day. And potatoes. And lingonberry sauce. And coffee. And cinnamon rolls. I'm regretting not getting the apple cake. If it wasn't so far from my house, I would go again today. But traffic getting there yesterday was hell and I'm not doing it again. Thanks for driving Rhona!

I met Kim at the bus stop in the afternoon and greeted her with a juice box. I tried to pump her for information but I didn't get much. She said the bathrooms have tile on the floor *and* the wall so they have to whisper when they go potty because it gets really loud in there. Oh, and the school lunch was delicious. So was the snack I packed for her, but tomorrow could she have sour cream and onion pringles? These are the important things in a 5 year olds life.

3 comments:

Keikicakes said...

I love the picture of Kimmie before she is going on the bus. The kids were SO excited going to school. It was so cute!

tara said...

i am so glad she had a great day at school. Yeah !:)

MommyStamper said...

Yeah, those days of freedom are just around the corner. Let's see how long it takes for us to start missing them and wishing they were little again:)

Post a Comment