Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Question

So I have a question. Will having my kids in school make me want to have another baby or will it make me want to get a job. Decisions, decisions.

So far, I'm thinking neither. Am I allowed to say that? After all the feminists went through over the last 100+ years, isn't it a huge slap in the face to all my fore-mothers to just stay home and have babies. And be happy with that? And when your kids are in school, am I allowed to be satisfied with taking a step down from being a stay at home mom, to being a housewife. I'm toying with the idea. Jeff keeps making more and more money, the kids keep getting more and more independant.

Yuck! I'm already sick to my stomach with that prospect, so thanks for letting me have a socratic dialogue with y'all out there in cyberspace. I know there is no way I could do that. Taking care of my babies has a purpose, but being an unpaid housekeeper? Um, no thanks.

Caring for my children has been the most personally fulfilling thing I have ever done. I think it's probably just biology. All I have to say about that is thank you natural instincts, because I know I didn't want a baby when I was in college and pregnant with Kimberly. I didn't want to be pregnant (although I was), I didn't want to stop smoking and drinking(although I did), I didn't want to stop going to clubs and dancing on the bar (yep! stopped doing that too!). I didn't want to move 3 hours away because I quit my job (in a bar, as a cocktail waitress). I *did* want to get married. Jeff and I talked about it before I got pg, but we were usually drunk, but fortunately he really meant it too. Deep inside I knew what I had to do because I didn't matter anymore. I've learned to be selfless and surrender to being a mother. And it's the best thing I've done. It's my favorite thing to do. It could have happened a little later in life. Babies having babies. Okay, I was 23 so I technically was an adult but. Omg, I have to stop right here.

I actually had her a month before my 23rd birthday.

I had a baby at 22. hang on, i'm having a moment here.

Twenty fucking two? I only had a year where I could legally get into a bar? Wow. Maybe that's why Mama like's to drink with the neighbors on the weekends so much!

Kennen starts preschool next week, so we shall see how I do with the spare time. I could get a job in the mall at Banana Republic. :) Then I could spend my whole paycheck there. :)) And I could walk to the food court and eat at Cinnabun everyday :)))

Or, I could put freshly cut flowers from my garden into the 79cent vases I bought at IKEA the other day.

6 comments:

MommyStamper said...

Look how pretty your fresh flowers and vases are:) I love them!

Wait a couple of weeks and see if that job itch is still happening. Maybe it will go away once you get used to the new life of no kids during the day.

tara said...

your vases and tablerunnes looks great. the only downside I see of you having another baby is that you'll have to change your e-mail address from 4 to 5. :)

Keikicakes said...

I say GO FOR THE BABY =)! Sorry!

Seriously...you deserve to have FREE mornings and afternoons till the kids come home without any guilt of not cleaning the house! You can blog all you like =)!

Love the vases! Now...I wish I bought some.

Jaiden said...

Give it some time to decide. I say enjoy the time you have to yourself.

Vases look great!!

~Penny~ said...

Stella,
As a working girl myself.....STAY HOME!

Who gives a what about feminists and women rights? Do what Stella wants.

I do have a theory about "grass being greener on the other side" bc I can't wait to be a stay home mom and not have to travel and go to an office from 9-5 every day.

Im 27 and beat.

Ok, I just ranted on your comment section (I am obviously having a moment ;)

Sorry!

Anonymous said...

22-23 and you're thinking that's too early?? Landen was conceived when I was 18 and born when I was 3 months past 19... now THAT was too early. LOL

Post a Comment