Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hannah (Montana) the dog!

OMG! I love my new doggy. We named her Hannah and she is seriously the sweetest thing. She hasn't barked. She poops only on the side of the yard. She likes people food but she doesn't beg or snatch things from the kids hands. She lets Kimberly dote on her, and put the leash on her and walk her around everywhere. And she lets Kimberly tuck her in with a pillow and a blanket. When Kennen sees her and squeals in her face she just licks him gently and wags her tail politely. I absolutely feel like I won the doggy jackpot. I think she is older than 3 years old. She.is.so.calm. I almost worry about her lack of dog behavior. Well, I guess I should say that she lacks the behavior of any dog that I've ever had because my dog training ability leaves something to be desired. I take her to the vet tomorrow to make sure she gets a clean bill of health.

Oh, there is this one thing though. She fucking stinks so bad. There is a green cloud lingering around her and when she saunters by you catch a whiff. I can't wait for her spay scar to heal so I can take her to the groomer. I want soft fluffy fur and I want to be able to see her eyes. I love my dog. I'm so happy!

Honestly though, it scares me a little. Perfect husband, perfect kids, perfect house, perfect friends, perfect neighborhood, perfect dog. Doesn't the word 'perfect' start to look misspelled after you see it several times in a row? Anyway, all this perfection makes me uneasy. I guess that's just a side effect of a painful childhood where things were far from easy. I'm not used to this and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I've decided that I'm not going to fix the broken a/c in my car. Maybe I'm crazy but I feel like I need to suffer a little so I don't lose my mind.

p.s. Want to know another great thing that I'm loving about Hannah? She goes around the house and eats all the crumbs off the floor! Less sweeping for me...yipee!

1 comment:

~Penny~ said...

Seriously, I can't wait to be in your spot!

I just found my perfect guy and now I am waiting for everything to fall into place!

Love the pics!

Post a Comment