Wednesday, August 15, 2007

dogblog

So I though that I would step back from writing for a few days because this is a mommyblog, not a doggyblog, but all I can think about is Hannah. Wonderful Hannah Banana Shazama Montana. Hotlanta. I love her. I've told a bunch of people that she is my dog, my comrad and not just a plaything for the kids. The vet confirmed that she recently had a litter of puppies and she does have very motherly qualities. I dont feel like it's another thing I have to feed and clean up after...I really feel that she is here to help me keep the kids in line. She understands my plight. She even tried to lick Kennen's rear end (don't worry, I didn't let her do it) while I was trying to change his poopy diaper the other day. Not in a gross shit eating kind of way, but I felt like she was trying to pitch in Earn her keep. She is grateful to be here. I think it warms her heart to have human babies to love. When Kimberly puts the leash on her and leads her around the house, she sweetly obliges but when they walk past me I can see her smiling and rolling her doggy eyes.

I have sort of dealt with her stinkyness. The vet said that I could put vaseline on her spay scar and give her a hose bath, not a submerged bath. She's softer and fluffier and smells a little better, but i'm still counting the days for her to get a proper fur cut and deep shampoo. When I was bathing her, I saw that she had tick body parts all in the hair of her snout. The Frontline that the pound gave her killed everything before she came home, but I could see that she must have been so miserable with all those bugs on her. Poor thing. I also returned the crate and bought a doggy bed. I don't think it's possible for her to get any calmer or better behaved, so I don't think I need the crate. I bought a really pretty round dog bed instead that matches my living room. :))

Jeff is in Alaska right now. He is there for a meeting but they are having a team building day and as we speak he is drinking beer and Salmon fishing on the Kenai river. Well, he's probably not drinking because fishing trumps drinking in his mind. I know he is over the moon right now and it makes me happy that he's so happy. Oh, and he's going to ship the salmon home, yum!

Oh, and my pots and pans came in the mail yesterday. They are awesome! I must be getting old when I'm more excited about my new pots and pans than I am about my new vibrator. Ok, they both are pretty fun!

5 comments:

Jaiden said...

Hi Stella. I just wanted to say thank you for commenting on my blog so that I could find yours. I haven't caught up yet, Im in May. But so far I love it. You remind me of me. Thats so cool you are from phx, Im in Tucson and I used to live in Texas(Tyler). I look forward to catching up on your blog. Gotta work for a little bit.

Jaiden said...

K I am all caught up. Great blog. I added you to my list of fav blogs. My son is almost 5, so I totally relate to your situation.

~Penny~ said...

Stella,
When you are done with harry potter, I have 2 excellant emails that I can send you. Sort of a what happened "after" the book...let me know!

~Penny~ said...

They are just website attachments!

Have fun!

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

Sloane said...

I'm always just as excited about getting new pots and new vibrators considering all the money I spend on both.

Post a Comment