Saturday, August 18, 2007

Aunt Stella!

Yes I'm and aunt now for the second time! My sister in law delivered yesterday at 4:14pm and their little girl was 7lbs 4 oz! Big girl for being 2 weeks early! I'm so proud of Jen for getting through MONTHS of bedrest. She and my brother Steve are going to be great parents and I'm so glad that they finally have their little girl. I love you guys! Now I just need to scrape together some money to go and visit them! The thought of 3 plane tickets and a rental car, or the crazy 18 hour road trip I did last year (by myself!) both sound daunting. I will have unlimited free babysitting because I have the best inlaws in the world and that in itself makes the trip worthwhile. Oh, and I can't wait to get my hands on my new baby niece. :)

I have an ear infection. Every time there is a loud noise, I hear this digital buzzing sound and everything in the room starts to tilt. Ok, I'm going to share something really disgusting. Went to the dr. for my ear thing and when she tried to look in my ear, she said that they were 'impacted' and sent me home to do some home earwax removal sessions and said to come back later and she will remove whatever I couldn't get. I did as the dr. ordered and went back yesterday evening and she still couldn't get it. She said go home and do more home treatments and come back in the morning. Well, all I'm gonna say is that the 'thing' that came out of my ear...well I guess I'll just say that I didn't know that the hole into my ear was large enough to hold the cocopuff that I pulled out. Yep...size shape and color of a fucking piece of cocopuff cereal. Jeff was in a really grumpy mood yesterday and was treating me like it was my fault that he only slept for 2 hours on the plane back from Alaska.

I went over to him and said, "I have something that will cheer you up!" and I held out my hand to show him and he gagged and wretched and laughed and looked at me like he didn't even know me. Yep, this girl definitely knows how to impress her husband!

4 comments:

Jaiden said...

Congratulations on your new baby niece. I bet your husband appreciates you showing him, at least he got in a better mood.

Anonymous said...

I hoped you let him smell it! Sometimes those things can stink up a whole exam room! I'm so surprised your doctor sent you home to do the stuff! Our nurses do the ear wax impaction removal all the time! Thank God it's them not me though, that's one thing that I don't think I could do.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, congrats on the baby neice! What is her name? And where do the in-laws live? Did you decide to drive or fly???

Mrstx said...

Sara: I went to the redi clinic at H.E.B. and she had a squirt bottle connected to a hose but not the big machine plus there isn't a doctor on staff at those places and she didn't want to hurt me. I've heard horror stories of the smell but I didn't have that issue. They were like rocks from the petrified forest. I'm so proud! Oh, and my sweet niece is named Kennedy.

Post a Comment