Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Stellabration!

Jeff somehow managed to surprise me on Friday night with a birthday party. That day I got a crisp new $100 bill from my mama and I decided i would bring the kids with me to get my hair cut. I was prepared. I had snacks and drinks and a few new toys in my purse to keep them happy while mama got her hair did. The place I went to gave me a fantastic haircut! My neighbor J.J. recommended it to my neighbor Lisa (miss you!), my neighbor Lisa recommended it to Rhona, and Rhona recommended it to me. They give fantastic haircuts and since they are on the 'wrong side of the freeway' they were really cheap! $25 for a shampoo, awesome cut and a blowout. Rhona and I have decided that the reason they are so cheap is that they give everyone the same haircut. Y'all know the cut I'm talking about. The long layered do that all twenty and thirty something Mommies have. The one that says, 'Cinco Ranch Bitches'. I like it. then I went to Sams Club to buy a knife set that I have been eyeing. My friend Kelly was aghast when I told her that's what I was doing with my birthday money. She said that knives are just something you buy because you need them, but she doesn't understand. I am housewife supreme and new sharp Wolfgang Puck knives for $59 at Sams really really really really do make me happy. The better to chop you with. just kidding.

Anyway, I was driving home and I called Jeff back. He had called like 3 times while I was getting my hair done and he was getting worried. Not worried about my health and safety, but worried that the $60 bag of crawfish he bought was gonna go to waste if I didn't get my crawfish eating butt home. kidding again.

I got home and he told me there was beer in the fridge. Stella Artois. ahhh, my namesake. I was drinking it and standing around with my neighbors and then I saw something in the shape of a cake on the table with a towel covering it. I asked Jeff about it and he said it was for tomorrow. Hmmmm. Some friends started coming over and I still didn't think much of it. We socialize every weekend. Then I went to Patty's house and H came walking out with a present in his hands. Aha! Then I went home and saw a buffet of food spread across my kitchen and Jeff smiled and said 'Surprise'.

My goodness I love that man. He is vunderful. I made my friends do shots against their will and we had a grand old time. Jeff didn't drink at all that night because of his diet (he's lost 45 lbs and counting!) so he was a very good sport to his wife who was drunk off her ass. The only bad part was me not remembering playtime with my hunny after all the guests went home. At all. Not even a flicker. The last think I remember was putting my hair in a ponytail and getting in the shower. I don't remember taking a shower, I don't remember getting out of the shower or any other details. Then next morning Jeff was like, "You don't REMEMBER?!?!?!?!?! Um, nope. Sorry baby. Sounded like fun though!

He figured I still had my wits about me since I always have my wits about me. But no. I was F.U.B.A.R.ed. Oh, and the best part was that I wasn't even hung over. I have no idea how that happened.

Now it's back to the daily grind. Jeff's working. I took Kimberly back to swimming lessons. She can do the freestyle stroke now (sort of)! She needs to work on her breathing, but she definitely has the stroke. However, she was scared to death to go back to her lessons today. She knew that they were going to continue floating on their backs and she HATES that part. Her teacher is fantastic though and as soon as my teary Kimmy-girl arrived she hugged her and twirled her around the water. She convinced Kim to put her goggles on and then she was all smiles from there.

Oh. And then there is one more thing. I bought Kimberly a Webkinz. Talk about addiciting. It's like Sims but you do it with virtual pets and it's for kids. She loves it. I like it too. I can't wait for her to go to bed so I can play it by myself. :)

1 comment:

PigeonHole said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun at your Birthday 'stellabration'!

Post a Comment