Wednesday, June 20, 2007

speaking of breaking point...I mean, on a lighter note!

I had tucked in the kids hours ago but apparently I didn't realize that Kimberly had turned on the sink in her bathroom to make a pond for her rubber duck, and then must have seen something shiny and got distracted and left the water on. She just woke up to go potty (maybe from the sound of all the running water next to her bedroom?) and then came running in to tell me the bathroom is flooded.

Damnit! I start wiping up the water and sent her downstairs to get more towels and she came rushing back and yelled, "MOMMY! There is water coming out of the ceiling and it's all over the kitchen floor."

fuck.

It actually isn't as bad as it could be. Handywoman Stella thinks that the water leaked under the the toilet (where it wasn't caulked by my wonderful builder) and then it dripped onto the subfloor and then found it's path to my kitchen floor through a recessed light in the ceiling. The water is dripping (pouring) out from the can light but it is somehow avoiding the drywall around the light fixture, plus the electrical hasn't shorted out. I was thinking about flipping the breaker, and seeing if I could remove the can light to let all the water out (to prevent mold) but I've since decided that would be boy work and Jeff will be home tomorrow to worry about it. Oh, and we could have decided to put wood in the kitchen (which would have surely been ruined by now...it's been leaking for maybe 2 hours!) but we chose tile so it's all good. Plus now I can tell Jeff that I mopped the kitchen floor. :)

Oh that reminds me...I need to buy flood insurance.

1 comment:

PigeonHole said...

Hope everything is back to normal. I hope the water downstairs didn't cause the paint layer of your ceeling to sag. At least it wasn't your upstairs neighbors dirty bath/tub water dripping on you, now that was gross! ;-)

Post a Comment