Monday, June 4, 2007

darnit!

Ok, so tomorrow I am going to a 'playgroup' for moms of kids that are about to start kindergarten in our neighborhood. Ahhh, the things I do for the love of my child. :) I want her to know as many people as possible when she starts school so she wont feel afraid or alone without me. This is a great opprotunity for her to make some friends. I'm pretty excited even though I am not a 'playgroup' kind of girl. It's going to be pretty big though (we need to wear nametags) so it will be more of a let the kids run around and then we can just chit chat. I like chit chat. I just don't like sitting in circles singing songs with 2 kids on my lap. I shouldn't be mean but moms are crazy. And sleep deprived. Y'all know the type of moms I'm talking about. I used to be one of them. That's why I breastfed Kim for 21 months. At first it seemed like a good idea but then Kimberly just.wouldnt.stop. She literally sucked the desire to ever attachment parent another child out of my body. I just can only give so much. That's why Kenny loves his crib so much...he doesn't have a choice! Whoa...tangent! Sorry!

The mom that is putting the whole thing together sent out a phone/email list of all the moms that have signed up. Since I'm a big dork, and since I have way too much time on my hands since Jeff is out of town, I looked up some email addresses on myspace. I only saw a few profiles that actually exsisted and they all looked nice. None of them, however, had a picture of them hanging on their husband, throwing horns in the air with their hands and having words like 'tequila' in their headline. I'm not going to change my pic because it makes me happy, but I am feverishly waiting for myspace to get back to me on changing my email address. I only have the one and I really don't want to scare any of these nice ladies to think that I'm a trainwreck. I at least need a chance to charm them with my witty banter before they judge me. That's how I corrupted the mormons in highschool. just kidding. :) I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing because I doubt anyone is as lame as me with myspace. I know I'm not 13 anymore and I'm not as cool as my teenage neighbor (she likes to remind me from time to time) but I luv me some myspace.

Okay...onto more important matters!

Kennen's foot was not any better this morning! I called my Ped and she squeezed me it to take a look at my sons purple club foot. Nothing makes a mother more terrified than being helpless to heal your child. The antibiotics weren't working so the Dr. stepped it up a notch. Now he's on super-duper antibiotics that can cause you to poop blood. This is a rare side effect but I have an over active worst case scenario imagination. I keep tip-toeing into his room to make sure he's breathing, foot is still elevated etc. The sweet little soul. Tears fill my eyes and my heart aches to think of him limping around, 'vrooming' his new car all over the living room. We've been calling the swollen foot the 'poop foot'. I want him to correlate smearing/stepping in poop with his nasty infection, but it's also pretty funny to hear him say 'poop foot' and then look up at me so seriously. I have to entertain myself somehow. :) I think I'm gonna sneak in and give him more tylenol so he doesn't wake up in pain...it's been about 7 hours since his last dose.

G'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment