Friday, June 22, 2007

happy birthday to meeeeee!

It's official. Yesterday I turned 28.
Jeff caught a red-eye flight home from California so that he could spend the whole day with me yesterday. I was touched by how sweet he was about it. I am such a slacker when it comes to birthdays (and anniversary's and any other holiday that doesn't rhyme with Isthmus). I seriously feel like it's just another day. I was looking forward to going out to breakfast, bringing Jeff to see Kim's swim lessons, and seeing what we could do to entertain ourselves with when we put the kids down for a nap. Well, we could put Kennen down for a nap and send Kim to Patty's house for the same effect since Kim is too big to nap. Gotta love Boomboom babysitting.
But it didn't happen. There was an injury at a plant about 2 hours south of us so as soon as Jeff got home yesterday, changed his clothes, brushed his fangs and had to leave. :( Poor Jeff was running on the 2 hours of sleep he got on the plane. Thank goodness for sugar free Rockstar!
My awesome neighbors picked up the slack though and took me to my home away from home, Panera Bread. Yummy! the kids were a bunch of crazy monkeys. Yet another reason why I am second guessing having a third baby. It seems that once they outnumber you, they start to turn against you and whisper evil plans in each others ears look at you like you are the enemy. Trying to keep up with all 4 of the kids yesterday was like trying to heard a litter of Kittens. They just kept scattering. Oh, and Panera has free Wi-Fi so there are a lot of business people that are tapping away busily on their lap tops. Until we got there. The kids started talking really loud and arguing about who is going to sit where and who is going to eat what. One by one people were snapping their lap tops closed and marching out quickly.

But I didn't care. 'Cuz it's my birthday. :)

Oh and I officially can start using my present that I bought for myself a while back. Here is a picture:

Isn't she beautiful? I have actually been using it for about a week now. I just couldn't resist. The only bad thing is that it squeaks really loud. It's finally getting better but it's embarassing when your purse is screaming, "I'm a new coach purse! I'm a new coach purse! Didn't you know? I'm new!"

I got phone calls from my in-laws, my mommy, my friends wishing me a happy day. It was a good day. Except when Kennen tried to bite me during Kim's swimming lesson. He didn't want to sit in the chair and when I told him to get back on it he took the gum he was chewing out of his mouth and and came after me with teeth gnashing and right before he made contact with my leg, I yelled at him and put him in timeout. For 20 minutes. Hey he was quiet and finally not crying and I wanted to chit chat with the other moms. I know what he is capable of because he bit his 2 year old partner in crimb, Colby really hard on the back...poor little love.

Jeff also sent me roses! I didn't know they were coming though and I go in and out the garage when I'm running errands so i didn't see them until the were hot and wilted. It's all good though...the flower company is sending new ones on Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great present, loves it! Lucky you!

Post a Comment