Wednesday, June 13, 2007

bonjour!

Last night I finally tucked in Kennen at 8:30. His foot is almost 100% better and last night I gave him his antibiotic and he puked it back up immediately. I fucking give up. No more antibiotics. Between the puking, pooping and sun sensitivity, I am just done. Oh, and now he has a 'fifths disease' rash all over his body. He is no longer contagious and it doesn't bother him but it's just one.more.thing. that I have to be worried about.

Anyway, I gave him his medicine, he puked on me, I tucked him in, read him a story, turned off his light and closed his door and Jeff walked in the house! Yipee!

He walked in and yelled, "Hey baby, I want you to meet someone!"

I'm glad I was dressed. He brought a co-worker that traveled here from France for their world wide meeting. My house wasn't that bad but if I knew someone was coming over, I would have hidden the evidence that I parked Kim in front of the tv with a bag of fast food and I would have folded my laundry pile and put the ironing board away. Oh, I probably would have loaded up the dishwasher too. And set out something to munch on and opened a bottle of wine. And brushed my hair. And changed out of my hoochie skirt. And made sure my thong wasn't hanging out. But no, my sweet husband decided it was best to surprise me. I don't mind keeping up the appearance of the good little housewife as long as I get fair warning. At least 20 minutes. I can work some serious magic in 20 minutes.

They were here about 30 minutes and then they left and as he was walking out the door I gave him a look that said, "What the hell were you thinking?" and he gave me a look that said, "Sorry!" Then he gave me a slice of snickers cheesecake and all was forgiven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really sound like you love your life and your family. I wish I can find something like that.

Post a Comment