Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I friggin love Summer!

I love it. I do. Nothing makes me happier than super hot weather. It's my comfort food.

I went to the beach club today with Patty and Laurie and the 6 kids between the 3 of us. Kennen is a little maniac in the pool. My scaredy cat little boy that is unsure of himself in every other way RAN into the deep end of the pool the entire time we were there. It's a fake beach so it starts out shallow and gets gradually deeper. Once his little feet couldnt touch anymore he just kept on kicking and lunging his body out into the open water. This is the first time he has swam this summer but he immediately mastered 'balancing' in the water with his floatie clad arms. We went throught a small meltdown because he wanted his floaties OFF! but I kept saying no. I then did take them off thinking that if he went 'under' a few times he would get the message. Well, I took them off, he ran until his head went under water, I scooped him back up, he coughed and sputtered, then ran back under water. The boy just wasn't learning the lesson. He screamed like a banshee but then I put him on the 'step' for 2 minutes, then fed him a snack and then he was a happy boy again...and he surrendered to the floaties staying on his arms.

Kimberly finally doesn't cry when her face gets wet. She needs floaties still too but she is actually pretty good at getting around now. I watched her like a hawk but I let her have a lot of freedom today. It's nice that there are lifeguards there too. We also ran into on of the kids from yesterdays playgroup and Kim, Ian and the little girl all had fun frolicing in the water.

Life is just so much better in the summer, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment