Sunday, June 10, 2007

love and marriage

Kennen still has a fucked up foot. More diarreah covered crib...not because he is smearing, but because it's blasting out of his diaper. The doctor says don't stop the antibiotics because then the infection could get worse, yadda yadda yadda. I'm trying to keep him hydrated, trying to keep him off his foot, trying to keep him from pooping everywhere. I'm not only disgusted but I'm worried because this is my sweet boy and he still isn't getting better. Yesterday I hit my breaking point and who got the brunt of my explosion? My husband, that's who! If he had only cleaned the shit filled crib one time, or changed a diaper one time I probably would have kept my cool. But no. He was a smart ass and when I requested that he changed a diaper, he requested that I go to work for him tomorrow.

Oh no you didn't. Them are fightin' words.

I tore Jeff a new asshole and now I'm sorry. I'm a meanie. I could have said what I needed to say without being such a bitch about it. This morning I was still festering and then the weirdest thing happened. Jeff was nice to me. He called me baby love and beautiful. I was apprehensive and I asked him why he was being so nice to me. Then he said the best thing.

'It's ok, I know your just worried about the bud.'

blink.blink.

Then he continued to say,'Your crying out for sweetness. And here I am. Being sweet. Everything is ok.'

Um...yeah...I was so mean that I'm not even going to type what I said. I launched verbal DAGGERS, SPEARS, AND FLAMING PILES OF POOP. And he just shrugged it off. Hmm. how about that? He saw past it all and knew what I needed...and was a big enough person to give it to me.

Every day I love him just a little bit more...

3 comments:

MommyStamper said...

You bring tears to my eyes!!!! Poor you. I hope the little bud gets better soon:)

Anonymous said...

AWE!!! That's so sweet!!! I'm sorry Kennen isn't getting better. Did the doctor culture the sore on his foot? If not he needs to to make sure he's using the right antibiotics!!! If it's staph, it's VERY easy to culture and when the lab report comes in, it will actually tell you which antibiotic will kill the bacteria. Be sure to feed him lots of yogurt. That will help his tummy. Is he pooping blood? He can get a bacterial infection in his intestines from antibiotics, especially a strong one. It happened to me when I was little 3 times. It's VERY scary. If his doc didn't culture it, PLEASE make them do it so they will know for sure what will work, especially if you say it's not improving...

Anonymous said...

Yay for poop and the ever pressing question of when the hell will my house smell like it did when we first moved in... or at least when we got the carpet installed.

Post a Comment