Sunday, June 3, 2007

Saturday

Yesterday I was at Target with my neighbors sundress shopping. We were looking for something to wear to the work party that my husband had planned for the day and we really wanted our outfits to say, "Cinco Ranch Bitches". But...we shopped and shopped and found nothing except a couple of halter top tanks. Well, I found one dress but I didn't buy it because I didn't want to be 'Stella being Stella' again. Yes it was see-thru and it really enhanced my cheetah thong, lol. j/k!

Anyway, while we were there Patty noticed that Kennen's little foot was red and warm to the touch. I looked at it and chalked it up to another exzema flare up and ignored it. When I got home though I took off his little shoe and his foot was definitely swollen and painful when I touched it. I rushed him down to Urgent Care and waited to see a doctor for about an hour. Apparently he had some cracked skin due to his exzema on the bottom of his foot and some of the bacteria from his poop smearing party yesterday caused him to get an infection. They gave me antibiotics, steriods, tylenol with codein, and some external steroid cream to help his exzema after the infection cleared up. $200 later we were back at the house ready to party!

Jeff's friends from work are a lot of fun and I think a good time was had by all. I fell asleep while I was tucking in Kimberly but I woke up an hour later to men yelling in the backyard. I went to investigate and Jeff was on the ground wrestling with his secretary's boyfriend. Great. It was all in good fun though. Apparently Jeff's admin has been dating this guy for a few years and she wants to get married and he was saying that he 'knows she will wait as long as I tell her to wait.' Well, since Jeff is a happily pussy-whipped man, he just wasn't havin' that. I guess he thought the best way to send the message that you don't jerk around a good woman was to wrestle him to the gound and throw him around like a rag doll. Did I mention that Jeff used to do jiu-jitsu? I yelled him him to get up and stop acting like a big dumb animal. He listened and 5 minutes later I got him inside and into bed.

This morning Kennen woke up screaming! His little foot was hurting him so I busted out the tylenol with codeine! I dont advocate drugging your child but heck, if they have a prescription...and they are in pain...why not give them a teaspoon full of happy juice. Kenny was the jolliest little baby this morning. He was all sugar and smiles. I'm just hoping that this glimpse of a happy child will someday come true! I'm hoping that one morning he will wake up and become a delightful little 3 year old. Maybe he wont always be a grumpy little guy! Thank you tylenol with codeine for giving me that hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment