Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fathers Day...let me try this again... ;)

I started today by waking up at 4:00 in the friggin morning! I had only gone to bed at 1:30. :( I could not fall back asleep. Maybe I was hungry. So I had a bowl of oatmeal. Maybe I wanted to watch tv. The only thing on was the Sopranos finale and I've already seen it twice. I tried to go online but I was too tired and I decided to lay down on the guest bed instead. The next thing I remember is waking up in my bed downstairs with Jeff and the kids were playing in my room. It was 10:50am!!! I don't remember the last time I slept that long. I also don't remember sleep walking down my stairs this morning. **yawn**

Poor babies though. Kimberly had served up hotdog buns for her and her brother for breakfast. What a good big sister. I got up and started rushing around like a mad woman and bathed the kids, got them dressed so we could rush to our neighbors house across the street for brunch. At 11:00am. We were a little late. Mmmmmmm. We could smell yummy food like 5 houses down and across the street from Laurie's house. The kids played beautifully with each other. I think it was sort of a neutral zone for them because they don't get to play there very often...Lauries house is across the big bad street. The kids know not to even think about putting a toe on that road without an adult hand to hold.

We ate great food, drank great coffee and mimosas. We came home full and sleepy. The sky opened up and has been dumping rain and it's beautifully gray out and the perfect day for Jeff to sleep on the sofa all day while all six Star Wars episodes air on HBO. The perfect day for me to do laundry. Ok, well I did 2 loads but now I think I really need to sleep. **yawn**.

geeze...I'm so tired that I don't even have anything witty to say. Oh, and Jeff still wants another baby. I keep expecting him to change his mind. Now I just have to make up my mind. How will it affect the other kids? Will my hormones make me crazy like when I was pregnant with Kimberly, or will I just feel normal like I did with Kennen? Will this third child give me stretch marks that I have been so fortunate to avoid with the other 2 kids? Can we afford it? Oh gosh, will I have to drive a minivan? How will our insurance work for maternity coverage? Why am I so stressed about these details when we just jumped in head first with the other 2 kids. We are more secure than ever and now I'm wondering if we can afford another kid. Jeff was a friggin waiter when we got married. We rented, we had nothing. We were livin' on L.O.V.E love. I guess all these thoughts just make me more responsible, but I can't help but miss the free spirited child of my mother that 'knows' that everything is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment