Monday, June 18, 2007

what the heck...

...am I going to do with the kids all summer long? Kimberly is moping around the house waiting to be entertained. Yesterday after our super floppy day she kind of freaked out. It was like watching a caged animal. What's a mom to do at 9:00pm on a Sunday night with a 5 year old that wont sleep, and wont stop begging to 'play' at her friends house? You take her on a mommy/daughter shopping trip to Walmart! I didn't really need much more than milk, diapers and laundry detergent but we did the late night Walmart thing. You know, where you cruise up and down the ailes not really looking for anything in particular but ending up with a $100 cart load of stuff that you will eventually use. And a pink umbrella for a certain 5 year old girl. The shopping therapy worked and by the time we were in the check out line, she looked at me with a serious face and contentedly said, 'I'm thirsty and I'm tired.'

Mission accomplished!

Today I have been scouring the area for enriching things to do this summer. In about an hour or so she is going to start swim lessons. She will go every day for 2 weeks for an hour each day. I guess it's and intense start up course to get them to be able to 'survival swim' if they fall in a pool. After the 2 weeks, you can go once or twice a week for 30 minutes at a time. Ok, so that takes care of one fun thing to do. I think I'm also going to do indoor soccer too. She will be able to run around with her good friend Lewis for an hour and I can chit chat with Rhona. sounds fun. What else can I do? Maybe gymnastics? I will see how much it costs. Kennen is still 'babyish' and is happy to hob-nob around the house with me but Kim is sooooooOOOOoooooooo bored.

Playdate anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment