Friday, May 23, 2008

Party planning...again

It seems like there is always grounds for celebrating something in my life. Between my family and my neighbors and all of their kids, there is always a birthday party to go to. I am so so so excited to have Kimberly's 6th birthday party tomorrow! Her big gift is a 10 foot inflatable water slide...shhhhhhh, it is a secret! Don't tell Kimmy-girl!

Our original plan was to just rent one, but then Jeff realized that it is the same price to rent one vs buying on that we can keep forever. It is hot as hell in Houston and we aren't getting an in ground pool (ever! if it is up to me. Jeff would like one but I do not!) so I'm hoping that we can get a few summers out of our new super duper slide.

Doesn't it look fun? I almost want to give it to her today after school so we can set it up, but I will wait. I cannot wait to see her little face though!The one bad thing is that it is totally going to ruin our grass. Well, our grass looks like shit this year anyway so it can't possibly get any worse. We had the kids playhouse set up right in front of the sprinkler head and the middle of my yard didn't get watered for the entire summer so far. Oh, and I only had the zone on 2 minutes of watering time. I pumped it up to 7 minutes and moved the playhouse so I hope my poor grass will survive.

Wow. I'm talking about growing grass. How fucking fascinating. Just like my life, ha ha!

Anyway, here's to a great birthday party celebration for my 6 year old girl!

4 comments:

Sloane said...

Damn, I wish they had stuff like that when I was a kid. I wanted a slip n slide so badly, but never got one, but that is awesome! She will love it.

Anonymous said...

That slide is sooo cool. I want one of those. Your house will def. be the fun house this summer. What a great present.

MommyStamper said...

That looks like lots of fun!!!! Can't wait to party tomorrow!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Kimmy! Turning 6 is a very big deal - more than 1/2 way to 10!!! Have a great party tomorrow and the slide looks awesome!

Post a Comment