Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Right now I am laying in bed practicing my 'surprised' face because Daddy and the kids are making me breakfast in bed. Kim just came in and was whispering to Jeff and off they went into the kitchen.

Kim saw that my eyes were open and looked worried and said, "Mommy you can just relax awhile."

I stretched and yawned and closed my eyes and told her, "Shhhhhhh, I need to sleep a little longer." She looked relieved and ran off to help Daddy. too cute!

Oh, and I get some Kimmy-girl coffee today. Yum!

Mothers day mostly makes me think of my own Mom. I love that I am 28 years old but I can still rely on my Mom to talk me through any problem I have. She is my soft place to fall. She has clarity and wisdom and a refreshingly fair outlook on life. She teaches me to take responsibility for my actions. When my kids are being crazy or my normally perfect husband is being an ass, she doesn't just let me vent and whine. She helps me realize that I can only control my own behavior and reaction to the people and events in my life.

Aww, Kim just came back in and said, "ummmmm.....don't ever come out because ummmmmm.....Mommy? Just stay sleepy okay? Ummmmm, because Daddy is um helping us....."

This is where I interjected before she spilled the beans. "Baby just let me sleep a little longer, okay?"

She ran back to the kitchen yelling, "It's okay Daddy, she is really tired!"

Okay now she just ran back in here and started taking moving the laundry monster to the laundry room. I told her not to mess with it and that I will get it later. She said, "No you wont! Daddy will because it's MOTHERS DAY!" Then Kennen came in to help her and hugged me and said, "Bappy muh-duhs days mommy!"

Awww, best day ever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how nice! what a great family you have. :) I too got breakfast. I love Mother's Day breakfasts. Natalie picked out her card to me. It was a spongebob card that said "to the spongyest mother ever!!" I love it!

Sloane said...

Here's my secret. When Dirty gets up to make me breakfast in bed on the weekends**, I have to practice my surprise face too. By the time I have kids, I'll be an old pro!


** He's about a quiet as a bull in a china shop:)

Genevieve said...

What sweethearts. I bet that gave you the warm and fuzzies :)

~Penny~ said...

That is so sweet. I was actually really suprised for mothers day also, my favorite nephew made me a card and said I was the best Aunt ever!

It made me feel warm and fuzzy and loved ;)

Post a Comment