Monday, May 5, 2008

Critter

This morning Hannah Shazama Hotlant Montana woke me up because she was barking like crazy from her crate. It's was only 6:00am so I yelled for her to shut up and I dozed for another hour or so. When I finally let her out of her crate at 7:00am, she ran to the front door and barked again.

"Shut up dog!" ugh. I threw her out into the backyard.

When I finally went out the front door to put Kimberly on the bus, this is what I saw! WTF? At first I thought it was an angry neighbor sending a message. People kind of hate my house around these parts because me and my neighbors yell at the speeding cars. We are kind of obnoxious and I can understand someone not liking me and counting the days until we put our house up for sale (like when hell freezes over). I never thought though that I would become victim of a sand dumping hate crime.


It turns out though that it is just a regular old Texas critter that is trying to squat on my property.


See? There's the hole!


Wait...boys! Could you tell Miss. Stella where the hole is? Oh! There it is!


So I have a friend living amongst the roots of my front garden. You can't really blame a critter...it's a lovely garden. I got a little camera happy this morning so have a look-see.

A month ago, almost everything was half the size. Miracle-Gro really does work apparently.


See? Look how big my elephant ears are! My feet are huge. Like literally a foot long. And they almost look dainty next to my elephant ears. Almost.

This is not a big pot leaf. It's Plumeria! Yes like the flowers they use to make Hawaiian leis.
These are my lantana's under my baby oak tree. They were literally 3 inch sticks poking out of the ground just a month ago.


Hibiscus...


Geraniums...



On another note, today was day one of car shopping. I went by myself to do some leg work and played the whole 'kept woman' role. You know, where I take the pressure off myself by saying things like, "I need to ask my husband,". It kind of backfired though. The guy helping me was an ASSHOLE. Well, I guess he just treated me like an idiot wife that was wasting his time. But honestly would a woman pound the pavement in heels in the rain if she wasn't going to buy a car in the next week or so. Or a month at least?

Now I'm in a bad mood. I wish Jeff would just go buy me the damn car and put a bow on it and park it in the garage. Do you hear that baby? Just surprise me! :D

Yeah right. He rarely reads my blog so i will have to *tell* him to surprise me, therein voiding all aspects of the 'surprise'. Oh well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give me his number... I'll tell him. :)

Is the hole from a big ole' snake?

Keikicakes said...

SNAKE? Yikes....

I wonder what kinda critter is burried in your yard....hope it's not a skunk!

Tell Jeff that mother's day is coming around and a car with a/c wrapped in a pretty bow would be a FANTASTIC gift!

Mrstx said...

I think that it is actually either an armadillo, possum or a raccoon. Yuk. Jeff finally flooded the hole tonight and nothing came running out. It's either burrowed all the way under my house or....um...I really dont know. :D

Anonymous said...

Your landscaping is gorgeous. And I love me some miracle grow. My hubby planted some miracle grow sticks in some of our bushes and they're blooming extra big and pretty this year.

HappyAutisticMama said...

I'm so going out to get me some miracle grow. No way does my little garden look as good as yours!

Post a Comment