Tuesday, May 13, 2008

myspace date

Playdate that is! :D

A few months ago I got a myspace message from a girl that lives in my town saying that she was looking for 'Mom friends' for her and her little girl to hang out with. We have talked back and forth a few times and made a few feeble attempts to get together, but we just sort of stopped talking to each other.

I know what you are thinking. Someone randomly sends you a, 'hey lets hang out with our KIDS,' message and I'm all, 'Okie dokie!' It could be dangerous! She might hit you over the head with a frying pan and steal your kidney or coach purse! Or even your child!

Well. Here's the thing. I was actually thrilled. This is seriously the type of thing that I've done in the past. When I lived in Illinois, I would troll through yahoo online playgroups to find friends. I would go to McDonalds and scope out the tables to find the Mom that was going to be my new best friend for the day. I guess I don't like to be lonely. The thing is though is that I spent a few years really putting myself out there only to get rejected over and over again. I was that cling-on girl from out of state that kept calling and leaving messages without a return call. So I stopped doing it. It also helped that Jeff and I bought a house in the best neighborhood ever and I have friends all up and down and around the corner from my house. It's very convienient on Friday nights to be able to just walk outside and talk to your friends and let your kids run wild. It is the hilight of my week actually. I call it Fun Friday. With my new friends. You complete me. :D

Anyway yesterday I was in the mood to go out to lunch with a girlfriend but I didn't know who to call. Everyone I know was busy so I decided to email my myspace friend and we actually made real true blue plans for lunch today. You know what? She is such a sweetheart! Her little girl is Kennen's age and she is my age. She is easy to talk to and seems fun. I'm happy.

Who has a new friend? This girl!

p.s. Sara you are next...bwahahahaha!

6 comments:

rage said...

I never thought of finding mommy friends that way. Interesting plan of attack.

Anonymous said...

good thing you put in a p.s. cause I was wondering.. "what about me!!!!!" LOL..... whats your cross streets so I can map out where you live? shoot me a myspace msg.

Anonymous said...

sounds like me!! I'm a stalker but I've given it up. I'm thinking I'm a bit overeager. But I find the more I hang back, the better response I get. I think they smell the desperation. :)

~Penny~ said...

Good for you!!!

My friend did the same thing. She joined an internet group called 'stroller mafia' HILARIOUS!

Have fun with your new friend;)

MommyStamper said...

That's great!!! I am glad you had fun and it turned out all right! You are most definitely brave:)
I am too chicken to do something like that.

Keikicakes said...

I give you credit. I'm a big chicken....I SO want to meet people and etc. but...I don't do anything about it. Glad you had a nice time! I should put myself out there a little more!

Post a Comment