Friday, May 23, 2008

More on my Kimmy-girl

Last night Kimberly was chattering on about school and I was half listening and half watching the finale of Grey's Anatomy.

"Chatterchatterchatter, playing soccer at recess, chatterchatterchatter, and then i cried!"

What? I hit mute on the tv and listened to Kimberly's story. Apparently there were kids in the class that were playing soccer at recess and they kept yelling at Kimberly because she tried to play soccer with them. And she once kicked the ball the wrong way. oops!

My heart went out to my Kimmy-girl. I always sucked at sports. Not because I am not athletic, but because I am lazy and I never was involved in team sports as a child. I was raised by a single Mom then I watched my Dad die of brain cancer and then I got busy smoking pot and stuff.

Whew, anyway there was one little boy that was yelling at her the most. This is the same little shit that HITS her hand in class. I told her that he was a candy ass mama's boy and that he is a loser because he doesn't know that boys don't hit girls. Yes I'm serious, except for the swearing. I was picked on in elementary school and I never thought it was my 'place' to stick up for myself. I don't want her to live my childhood. I want her to know that if she does open up to me about her problems, that I will offer real world solutions. I wont tell her that she needs to be the good one and just walk away from the meanies. She has a natural fire in her soul that I didn't find in myself until I was an adult. She is a self starter and a 'do-er' like her father.

Today i equipped her to have a better day than yesterday. I put a soccer ball in her backpack and I put on her shirt that says, "Anything boys can do girls can do better!" It also has a picture of a soccer ball on it. She was happy and pumped up this morning. She was high fiveing me and smiling.

I really hope she has a better day today. I hope she is better and stronger than I ever was.

5 comments:

KBear said...

happy birthday to kimmy-girl! (whatever the exact date is!)

that slide looks like fun

i sucked at sports too, cause of my asthma, i never played, and im just not co-ordinated enough for sports.. heheeh.

that's good that you don't "shelter" her like that, you deal with it. i was always told to ignore it too. til i started coming home with my clothes ripped and cuts from nails and shit...

Hadley said...

Good for you, teaching your little girl to stand up for herself!

~Penny~ said...

Good for you!

Little kids can be such little shits!

Have a happy b-day Kimmie and have fun on that awesome slide!!

BTW...I am so jealous that you have a big enough back yard to have one of those things!

Angela said...

She will be a strong girl in many ways because she has fabulous parents and family and friends that love her. She also has an intuitive mommy (that is conscious and aware of the past) and that's one of the best gifts you can give her. She's going to do amazing things and she will be a marvelous young lady - but you already know that. You've done a lot to ensure the sucess of your kids. I wish all kids had a mom like you. Stella you rock!!! Miss you, i'm still waiting for that phone call ;-)

AZ Larsens said...

Woohoo! Good for you, don't let her get picked on. Didn't elementary school suck? I remember getting picked on too...stupid Field... Kids are so mean.

Post a Comment