Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Sheesh..I'm grumpy...I must be PMSing

Jeff is off to France to fetch me a bottle of wine. He's so clever. He was able to convince his company that he needed to go there for business but really he is just jet setting to the other side of the world to run an errand for me. :) Ok, maybe it's more like he had to go and he is appeasing me with the promise of French wine to keep my spirits up until he gets back.

Jeff went there last year and that's when he didn't contact me for over 24 hours. That's when I freaked out and hunted down his boss's email address (thank you google) and sent a message to his boss's blackberry to 'make sure that they got there ok'. Poor Jeff. That's what he gets for marrying a girl with a little bit of crazy in her.

Anyway did I mention that I'm going on vacation soon? I'm booking our travel reservations today. Tee hee! Kimberly's preschool graduation is on the day I wanted to leave for my trip. I am soooOOOoooo desperate to get away I thought, "Well, her grandparents are going to be there for her, I don't need to be there." I was talking to some of my friends and when I said that I was leaving before her 'graduation' they all looked at me in horror. It's like I told them I was making puppy stew for dinner. I never had a graduation from preschool to Kindergarten. I never walked across the stage to recieve my 'diploma' every time I moved from one grade to the next. Give me a flippin break. I'm going to wait to leave for our trip until after she 'recieves her diploma'. Whatever. I don't want her to be disappointed that I wasn't there. I guess that's a down side to living in the master planned community of suburban bliss. Our lives are so boring that we will celebrate anything. Do I sound like a terrible Mom? I'm not. I'm just burnt out and this is going to take away a whole day of my R and R. Instead of leaving Tuesday night we are leaving Wednesday night. Sunday is mothers day so we are leaving Saturday night to come home. I wanted to come home Sunday night. This trip has transformed from 4 full days of sun, sex, parasailing, and alcohol (maybe a little fishing too) to 2 days. You know what I want for mothers day? A fucking vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment