Monday, May 14, 2007

Sunburned and dehydrated and sooooOOooo relaxed

It's true. I had the best time this last week. For anyone that is considering South Padre for a little vacation, I definitely recommend it! Not only was it beachy and beautiful but the prices for everything from the food to the booze to the hotel room were super cheap. The room was amazing! It walked out onto the beach and I spent many mornings soaking up the sunrise and swimming while Jeff was sleeping because it was right outside the back door of our room.

OK, back to reality. Kennen is screaming so I will update more later. His scream no longer makes me want to jump out the window. I missed the little bugger. And the big bugger too. There were a lot of families at S.P.I with small children and at first I stayed as far away from kids as possible. As the days wore on though I missed my kids painfully. My heart literally ached. I would see little girls in bikinis splashing in the waves and chubby little buddy boys that looked like they needed a big hug from a stranger like me but I kept my hands to myself. Plus, all the kids we saw seemed to be an older girl and a baby boy. I told Jeff he needed to keep me busy to curb my pain.

We went parasailing (a little scary but mostly exhilirating), deep sea fishing for 8 hours (I thought this would be mostly a 'Jeff' activity but I loved it!), bay fishing the next day for 4 hours (I have mad fishing skills yo!), watched the sun set during dinner, hung out in the pool, got hammered while talking to a couple that were in their late 60's. I drank more vodka than water so now I am trying to rehydrate. I am so happy. I will post more details about my trip later...like the bay fishing trip that Jeff and I were obnoxiously drunk on and the nice man named David that I piercecd with a fishing hook. Jeff says it's a good thing I'm a girl because David had jailhouse tattoos and probably would have kicked my ass if I wasn't showing so much skin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I knew a girl whose family did an annual vacation at the South Padre Island and loved every minute of it.

Did you take any pictures??? Update your myspace page so we can see!!

I'm glad you're back safe and sound back into your suburban bliss.

PigeonHole said...

Glad you had fun, but that was a given. :-)

Post a Comment