Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I am eating, drinking, and sleeping my vacation plans...

I booked a deep sea fishing expedition for me and my baby love. I called the marina asking about a 5 hour trip and the guy said that you will only have 1 1/2 hours of fishing with the 5 hr. trip and that it's good for if you aren't that into fishing but just want to get out there. That sounds good to me but I know that Jeff will be disappointed. Instead we are taking an 8 hour fishing trip on the first day or our little vay-cay. I have him as a fisherman and me as a 'spectator' because I really don't care about fishing but I am trying to be a good sport. Well, Jeff just told me that we can take home more fish if I am a fishergirl and that will make up the $30 because red snapper is expensive! What a good jew. Did I mention that I drank a lot of wine tonight? Oh...well I did! Anyway...fishing on Thursday and then dinner and...well who knows after that! Friday we are going to parasail. I'm going to have to try to convince Jeff to go up there with me but I think I'm going to hafta fly solo on that trip. He will stay in the boat to 'make sure every thing is ok' for the little lady. Whatever...I'm gonna be flying over the Gulf of Mexico.

I also booked my hotel and while I started out looking for the cheapest place...I totally did a 180 degree spin and decided to stay at a resort with an oceanside view and a king bed. Yipee! I am not going to get away from my children for like the next 15 years or so and I am going to splurge. I'm gonna parasail on Friday and then the rest of our trip will be boom boom, booze, and beaches. :) I'm such a happy girl. So happy in fact that I just called Jeff and woke him up (it's 2am in France) to tell him how excited I was. :) The nice French lady at the counter told him that 'Sarah' was on the phone and my sleepy husband accepted the call. He said, "I wasn't going to try to correct her...I might start speaking to them in spanish again." He knows no French and neither do I. Oh, and he says that the French really do hate Americans as much as the hype says they do. He says everyone looks at him with total disdain but he says it's just because he is an overweight chainsmoking republican American. Oh and last time he went to France he came home and gave an impression of a person walking around with a loaf of bread onder their arm. He grabbed the half eaten loaf of roman meal and stuffed it under his arm and marched with purpose around the room. I was laughing so hard I wanted to pee. Jeff has a way of really getting into 'character' when he is telling a story. He does a great chuckwalla. Oh I miss my baby love. I shouldn't drink and blog. I will probably delete this in the morning. NO! I will leave it to remind me to never drink and blog again.

1 comment:

PigeonHole said...

Sounds like fun, except for the fishing part. Good thing you decided to stay somewhere nice! Makes a vacation even more fun to go to a nice room. Plus think of all the nasty pepole who stay in the "cheap" hotels, no thanks! ;-)

Have fun on your much needed vacation!!!!!

Post a Comment