Wednesday, May 2, 2007

have you seen my car keys?

Yeah, me neither.

This morning I woke up with tons of energy and was showered and dressed by the time my sleepy Kimmy-girl came downstairs. I fed her, folded laundry, got her ready for school, packed her lunch, dressed and fed the boy and we still had like 30 minutes until we had to leave for school. Wow, I'm totally on the ball today. At 8:30 I told them to get in the car and I grabbed my purse and...wait! Where the fuck are my keys? I looked in all the usual places and realized that they were totally gone. Damnit! I spent the next 45 minutes tearing apart the house with Kennen saying, Uh-Nennen, uh-eys (translation "Kennen...keys". Where's Mommy's keys bud? Go get them! He said 'help please' and started pulling on the step stool. I helped him set it up and he pushed over to the kitchen counter, climbed up and said, "Hi fish!" to the fishies. I rolled my eyes, took a deep breath and called Patti. She was there a little while later and loaded my moneys into her minivan and drove us to Kim's preschool. I told her teacher about my morning and she laughed and talked about her key losing experiences. Hopefully I will find them by 2:00. At least this gives me motivation to clean my living room. And guest room. And my bedroom. And Kims room. After that my whole house will be clean and ready for my in-laws to come. Did I mention that I have the best in-laws? We have a pretty good relationship and when they come here they totally take over the kids and the cleaning. I love it. I didn't used to love it...I used to feel very territorial with my kids and my house but since I never get a break (have I mentioned that before?) I love it when they come and visit. Plus the guest room is right next to the babys room so my mil gets Kennen in the morning. fabulous. Ok, wish me luck on finding my keys!


***EDIT***

I found my keys! I called my mom and even though she is in Arizona and I'm in Texas, I knew that she would 'find' them for me. She walked me through what I would have done after I got home and I remembered that I had them right after I came home with Sonic for the kids to eat. I decided to go to the dumpster and dig through the trash and voila! There they were...in Kennen's kids meal bag. Note to self..."Uh-Nennen, Uh-eys, Uh-aahhhhh" means, "Mom, they were in my kids meal bag...if you didn't friggin pick up after me all day long these things wouldn't happen." Either that or he's telling me he just pooped...it's a coin flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment