Sunday, May 6, 2007

summertime and the living's easy...

Yesterday felt the the first day of summer. I know it's technically June 21st...how do I know you ask? Because it's my birthday silly! Mark it on your calender. :)

The water park finally opened in my master planned community of suburban bliss. Yesterday morning the sun was hellishly hot so my neighbors and I slathered sunblock on the kids, slapped a couple of floaties on their little arms and threw the kids in the pool. Of course as soon as we got to the pool the sky became overcast and we had a gaggle of blue lipped shivering kids swimming circles around us. I even got hit on...tee hee. I was holding Kim and we were watching Daddy do flips off the diving board and then this man gets into the pool right next to me...smiled...came up really close to me and said, "It sure it cold, ha ha ha ha." Then he just stood there really close to me. Um...weird. I'm holding my kid. Are you even allowed to hit on a person holding their child? Jeff saw what was happening from across the pool and dove off the diving board and made a beeline over to me. Jeff gave him a look and the guy who thought I was hot finally moved out of my personal space. That's right baby, I'm just fending 'em off left and right. I'm kidding. I am so married that I don't even know how to flirt anymore.

After the pool Kimberly was just awful. She was totally exhausted but wouldn't take a nap and was total grumpy butt. We were having dinner and I made her a hot dog and she threw a monumental fit because her 'bun was broooooooookeeeeeeeeen'! Are you friggin kidding me? I tried to make it better...Kelly tried to make it better...Patty tried to make it better but she kept crying and crying. We just ignored her but she was devastated. Bung Chow's son Ian is one of Kimmy's closest friends. He just turned 5 and it is so cute to watch them play. They take little walks together and whisper and giggle get along really well. They really care about each other. Ian was telling her to just eat it, 'because it still tastes good!' She just threw her head back and cried and moaned, 'No it doesn't!' Then Ian did the ultimate sacrifice. He tore his hotdog bun into 2 peices and said, "See Kim, mine is broken too and I still like it."

You know what? It worked. She ate her damn hot dog. What a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment