Monday, May 21, 2007

Grandparents

My grandpa called me today. :)

I haven't talked to them in awhile and I forgot to call my grandma on mothers day. Then I felt guilty for not calling, then I procrastinated even more because the longer I wait to call, the more likely I get a, "I was wondering if you didn't love me anymore or were mad at me." That grandma of mine...she sure lays it on thick. But I love her dearly. I talked to my grandpa about property values and the crazy housing bubble in AZ and CA. And how I don't think my house in TX will ever appreciate that quickly because of the ridiculous taxes. You know...we just talked 'shop'.

I talked to my grandma about how nice my husband is. Yes he is grandma, I am lucky. When Jeff bought me my first car my Grandma saw it and raised her eyebrows and asked, "Are you working Stacia(my pet name from them...not sure why)?" I told her no and she nodded her head knowingly and said, "Ahhh...Having a husband is nice isn't it?" At least she's proud of me for getting my M.R.S. in college.

She told me that when my dad died that he was blessed by a priest so that he would go straight to heaven and not have to wait in purgatory. Huh? She told me that made me lucky because 'Your daddy can pray for you better there.'

Then she told me that I should never have an abortion. The pope says it's better to use birth control than to have an abortion.

Blink. Blink.

"Ok Grandma...I wont." I can't imagine that I would ever choose to have an abortion but I'm just sayin'...isn't this a conversation she should have had, Oh about a decade ago when I was single? I luv me some gramma. She is so cute in all her polishness.

She also told me that she had christmas presents for the kids but she wont send them. I have to come and get them personally. Well, since she is holding my childrens Christmas presents hostage I guess I better start planning another trip to Phoenix. I miss them so much! I want to eat kielbasa and drink out of my blue sippy cup. She has kept it all these years and I still use it every time I go over there. And I want to see if the big wooden spider hanging above their tv is still as scary as it used to be. And I want to see the framed "Happiness is having a Polish Pope" picture. Even though the new pope is Italian. I have so many happy memories in that home.

Their phone call makes me feel the need to go back 'home'. I miss my family and my friends. I'm not looking forward to the scorching heat of AZ but I think it's time for a visit. And some fucking awesome mexican food. Ohhhhhh, and a cheese burger from In and Out. my.mouth.is.watering.now.damnit.

4 comments:

PigeonHole said...

Woohoo!!! I hope you won't be too busy so I can see you...

Mexican food is different there? I guess i just assumed since you were still close to Mexico, it's be good.

PigeonHole said...

Ummm, I swear I speak english correctly (it's be good = it would be good). maybe i think slower than i type ;-)

Mrstx said...

it's not be so good here...I don't know why!

Anonymous said...

Hey did you hear about my Mother's Day present from my parents?? I got 6 bean burritos from MATTAS sent over-night in dry ice!!! YUMMY!!!!

Who needs to take a 3 hour plane ride when you can just have the Mexican Food sent to you?! LOL

Post a Comment