Sunday, May 20, 2007

Family Day

I went and saw Shrek 3 this morning! I brought the 5 point harness carseat in for Kennen because I know there is no way he would sit though a movie! Kimberly will sit for longer than I care to admit in front of a tv or a movie but Kennen would rather run and play and cry really loud than watch a movie. As soon as we got into the theater, I strapped him in his seat and he was fine. I think he knows that the carseat issue is non-negotiable so he just ate his popcorn and drank my Sprite. There was one point where he started screaming and Jeff took him out and walked him around for a mintue. I love that man. Speaking of Jeff...he smelled so good. Sitting next to him in a dark room got my mind wandering. We were surrounded by children though so I kept my hands to myself. I guess that's the good thing about getting older...hello sexual peak!

After the movie we took the kids to the new soft playland at the mall. It was themed after a new car showroom and they had a big rubber building and a bunch of padded cars. Kennen was in heaven. It was stressful because Jeff was playing one of those crane games across the mall courtyard with Kimberly and I kept losing sight of her. Not that I don't trust my kids with Daddy...I just keep a sharper eye on them. After a few minutes I saw him walk away from the crane game without Kim and I flipped out. I ran over to where I saw her last and she was there with our 14 year old neighbor, Kailey. I breathed a sigh of relief and asked K to not let her out of her sight until Jeff got back from the bathroom. Then, 10 minutes later I saw Kailey but not Kimberly so I ran over again and saw Kim with Daddy. OK, I think I might have issues and I need to chill. She is in good hands.

A few minutes later, Kim and Jeff come back to run around the playland again. We were chit chatting with our friends and Jeff exclaimed, "Where's Kimberly!." I shrugged, scanned the kids running past me and found her then motioned my hand toward her, and kept talking to my friend. A few seconds later Jeff yelled at me, "You need to tell me where she is when I ask!" He said he didnt see me point to her and he said he was about to start yelling for a lost little girl. Not that he doesn't trust the kids with Mommy...he just keeps a sharper eye on them. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love your blogs.

Post a Comment