Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Poop and minor electrical work...I deserve a medal!

Don't read this if you are eating. Consider yourself warned, :)!

I knew that becoming a mom would include changing diapers. Diapers are no problem...it's the shit that my kids fling around the rest of the house that bothers me. Kennen is a poopsmearing afficionado. Kimberly still hollers to wipe her after she goes. When will it end?

Did you know that Kleenex doesn't break down the way toilet paper does? I would say that kleenex has more a paper towel like ability to stay in one peice when you try to flush it. Kimberly pooped in both the upstairs bathrooms yesterday and used about a 5 inch stack of kleenex to wipe with in each one. Last night when I saw it I just closed the doors and pretended it wasn't there. This morning when I was well rested and after my 2 cups of coffee, I got ready for battle. I gave Kimmy-girl a trash bag and told her she had to clean it up since it wouldn't flush. She cried, cajoled, gagged, and begged me to help her. I stood my ground and told her that she needs to be like a big 5 year old girl and be responsible for her own mistakes. Plus I just really didn't want to fish out any more poop. I've done enough of that this week.

Kim got constipated again a few days ago and needed an enema because it would not come out! It was worses than last time. Now I'm making sure she gets lots of fiber. Plus Kennen is interested in potty training and pulled down his pants and pooped on the hard wood floor yesterday. If it was Kim I would have disowned her but since it's Kennens first poop outside of a diaper (that wasn't smeared all over his crib) I was really excited and made a big deal about putting it in the potty and flushing it. He was so proud...he talked about it all day. At least I think he did...I still can't really understand what he's saying most the time.

Anyway, back to the toilets. Kim scooped out most of it but talked me into 'holding the bag for her.' She's pretty smart because I ended up finishing the job and plunging the toilet. Fucking gag me with a spoon. I seriously almost puked in the sink. Kimberly laughed while I was gagging. I love her...she thinks gross things are funny. :) Reminds me of a certain husband of mine.

Anyway, I am also proud to announce that I replaced a lighting fixture in our house. I read the instruction and tinkered with it and voila! No more ugly builder basic half shell fixture that is too small to hide a light bulb behind the sconce. It looks purdy now. And I didn't electricute myself or burn the house down. Go me!

3 comments:

PigeonHole said...

You deserve more than a fancy metal... Your a great mom and wife.

Anonymous said...

Landen had constipation problems like that when he was litte. We finally had to start giving him Miralax in his drinks to help him. It was like Kimmy's. Really a tough problem. He'd sit there and try to go and by the time he was done, his hair would be soaked from sweat and his hair was in ringlets all over.

Mrstx said...

I'm googling Miralax right now...

Thanks!

Post a Comment