Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm definitely not a clean freak, but...

This morning when I took my cup of coffee with me to drink while checking my email, I was so excited to see that my mother in law sent me the set of pics from when I was out of town.

I lost my digital camera a few months ago and have not had any new pictures to update on myspace or to put on this blog. I was excited to pirate my mil's pics of my family and post updated shots of everyone. The pics of my kids are gorgeous but I can't post them. My house in the background is a mess. I can't even look at them. My anxiety rises when I look past my beautiful babies faces to the dirty hard wood floor and the toys and crap littering every horizontal surface. As soon as I got home last Sunday, I rolled up my sleeves and cleaned everything. It didn't feel like a chore anymore. It made me really happy to have my hands all over this house I love. As soon as everything was spotless I felt like I had purged a demon and I took a huge breath and relaxed. My mil squirmed a little while I was cleaning and she said that it looked much better now. I felt a little ashamed of myself because I wasn't trying to make her feel bad. The house wasn't funky stinky dirty...just cluttery. You could tell that the kids had a great time and played all over the house. I can't even express my gratitude for what they do for me. I'm lucky to have great people that I can trust with my kids. Not only can I trust them, but they say that even though they travel the world, their favorite place to be is with the babies.

Anyway, long story short...I need to either find my camera or buy a new one because my kids are growing up way too fast! I need to freeze them in time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, WHO CARES if it's a mess?! I want to see those babies!!! It's not like YOU were the one who made the mess! Just post them, don't worry about that!

In the meantime, though, you need a new camera! If you are sure yours is lost (or flushed, etc.), then bite the bullet and go get one. You can find a good package on ebay!

PigeonHole said...

Oh please! Where is the Stella i use to live with? ;-)

Mrstx said...

LOL S.E.! My natural inclination is to be a slob but I fight like hell against it. I hate a dirty house. Plus, I just really like to clean now. Weird huh? I feel like one of those obnoxious women on commercials that get excited about cleaning products. I can't seem to keep my room clean though...but it's the laundry monsters fault. Or the fact that Jeff travels every week and then dumps his suitcase out all over the floor and leaves it there.

OMG do you remember that apartment you, me and Wendy lived in together? That was so flippin' nasty! I can't believe we lived like that! I think it was mostly me and Wendy though. You are off the hook on that one. ;)

Oh, and Sara, the clutter was from my in-laws but the un-mopped floor was all my fault. :)

Post a Comment