Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sick day and more

I got a call from the school nurse yesterday that Kimberly was crying hysterically in the nurses office that she had a headache. She was refusing to let the nurse take her temperature and was completely inconsolable, so I had to go and pick her up. I went and got her and she did feel warm to the touch and she was crying and holding her head. :*( poor love! She said she was freezing, so I took her home, gave her tylenol and tucked her in. Then it hit me! The school nurse probably thought that Kim had been sick this morning and I had given her tylenol to mask her fever and at 2:30 (6 hours into school) the medicine wore off. Oh well. I decided to keep her home today just in case her fever flared up again. She is totally fine now though. After that first dose, her fever broke and now she is my healthy girl again.

My painting is finished and I have hung it up in my house. :) It makes me really happy to have something so special from my Dad hanging in my house. Here have a look!
I hung it over my front door. I didn't have an extension ladder, so I moved my dining room table over to the entryway and put a ladder on top of the table. At first Jeff yelled at me for my lack of 'safety' (He's a Health, Safety, & Enviornmental Manager), but then when I didn't stop, he took pity on me and handed me the painting from the stairs. I love this picture because it's of me. And I love this picture because it reminds me of another little girl...
Here is a token picture of Kennen...because you can never have enough Kenny pics! (don't mind my messy bedroom!)
And of course Hannah Shazama Banana Hotlanta Montana

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW what a GORGEOUS picture and HOLY COW you put it up REALLY high!!!! You're a brave chick!

I love the picture of Kimmy climbing up to reach something in the cabinet. Like mama like daughter.

And Kennen, my gosh! He's gotten SO big! He doesn't have that baby look anymore! He looks like a little boy!!! AWE!!!

~Penny~ said...

The picture is amazing!

What needed to be "fixed"? The picture of Kimmy is so cute!

Mrstx said...

Sara: Yeah, it was nerve wracking being up that high...I just tried not to look down!

Penny: If you click on the first picture to enlarge it, you will see the chipped paint. Plus the two vertical painted brown lines we not there when he originally painted it. He did that later while he was sick. Also, it was really fragile before...everytime I unrolled it more paint chipped off. The painting was repaired a lot I think by the heat press. It seems like a lot of the flaking paint seems to be melted back down onto the canvas. There was also a tear in the lower left corner but you can barely see it anymore. I'm really happy with the result! :)

tara said...

great family pics.
That painting is GOREGOUS! I love where you hung it. I have never thought of hanging something there.
It is such a beautiful painting

Mrstx said...

Tara: I know we have high ceilings but now that it's up there, it makes them actually feel tall. Probably because it trains your eye to move upwards. Or something. Kind of like Uncle Kramer at Patty's house. :)

Keikicakes said...

I love the painting....what a special memory. The frame totally matches your house. I also love the pic of Kimmie Girl. Kennan looks like a little man...he really lost his baby cheeks (not that he had much). Also...I think cause you are so tall that when you took the pic of hannah...she looks so tiny!

Keikicakes said...

I love the painting....what a special memory. The frame totally matches your house. I also love the pic of Kimmie Girl. Kennan looks like a little man...he really lost his baby cheeks (not that he had much). Also...I think cause you are so tall that when you took the pic of hannah...she looks so tiny!

Post a Comment