Wednesday, October 3, 2007

hungry girl I am!

Wow. Eating only 20 carbs per day is rough. I have other people tell me that the first 3 days are hard and that day 4 is when I will magically wake up with more energy than ever. I'm eating plenty but I never feel really satisfied. All I want is to cram 2 donuts into my mouth at one time and weep with joy at their doughy sweetness. This morning I was running errands and I stopped at Sonic and got a breakfast burrito...sans tortilla. Actually, the tortilla was in my car...it was in my lap acting like a plate for everything inside. There was a slice of tomato inside the burrito. Mmmmmmmmmm, I know fruits are off limits but most people are dumb and put them in the veggie group, right? Aren't I clever for finding a loophole? I ate the tomato slice and it was heaven.

You know what this feels like? It feels like the first 3 days of quitting smoking. I've quit many times in the past but I always started up again. I have quit for good for a few years now, but the cravings I'm having are very similar to smoking withdrawls. I'm not necessarily hungry. I just want to feed my carb monster. I'm also learning to make sure I don't get too hungry. The darkest hour is just before the dawn. I made a recipe off of the fabulous Living la vida lowcarb blog and it was so good. Pizza! But the crust was a broiled portabella mushroom. Sweet sweet jebus it was really good. I skipped the tomato sauce though. Not because I was feeling guilty about my clever tomato loophole, but I didn't have any tomato sauce in the house. Still...it was awesome! Anyway, I had a very weak moment while my pizza's were baking. Fortunately I found string cheese before the Chocolate teddy grahams. I just need to make sure that I have an emergency snack on me at all times.

So far I have lost nothing. I'm not sure what I expected after one day but I was a little bummed when I saw the needle pointing to *** again. I thought it would say *&% or at least **@. But no, it was holding firm at ***. Today I am not going to drink any diet soda and I walked 2 miles this morning. Oh, and i'm drinking lots of water. Did you know you literally pee out the fat in your body? I guess I never really thought about where the fat physically went.

No comments:

Post a Comment