Monday, October 15, 2007

hi...

I'm here to make up for that sorry excuse for a blog posting earlier. I was feeling sorry for myself.

I had forgotten that things can always get worse.

Like the school nurse could call and say that Kimberly has a rash and I have to pick her up and she can't come back to school until she has a doctors note. Cha-ching, for me that means that I have to spend $95 for a doctors note. Friggin awesome. Then I'm there and the doctor said that they have the flu shots for Kim's age group and it's $27 if I want it, oh and I should really really get it because I don't want her to get the flu...blah blah blah. So I sign for a flu shot and let the doctor make a liar out of me while i hold down my writhing 5 year old. Bloodcurdling shrieks of, "I'm scaaaaared! You promised no shots today!" while they jab her with a needle. Then I felt really guilty and so I bought her a Happy meal. And Kennen was with us, so I bought him a Happy meal. And I love McDonalds so I'll have a number one with a large Diet Pepsi thank you very much.

In the matter of an hour I dropped $134. But now we are home, the wind blew in a nice cold rain and Jeff and the kids are downstairs cleaning. I'm blessed.

Oh, and I had the best weekend. I don't think I've had this much fun in awhile. First, we went to Joe and Kempy's house. Kennen loves Joe...and I think Joe loves Kennen. Here they are watching football together. Mind you, Kennen barely cuddles with me, so this is really something special.


Then on Sunday afternoon we went to the local Rice Harvest festival (apparently my town used to be rice fields). I could have taken pictures of my neighbor doing her gymnastics routine, or of my kids eating turkey legs and snow cones, but no. I only took one picture that day. And here it is...the biggest doggy balls I have ever seen. :) Happy Monday!



*****Edited to say that I did not give my daughter the STD prevention drug, guardasil...it was indeed the flu shot. Oy vay, don't they start giving that to 9 year olds??? 4 more years and I will be talking to her about STD's? I'm sick to my stomach now...

4 comments:

stamping tx mommy said...

And that big ol' dog is only 18 months old!!!!! Also, cute picture of Joe and Kennen:)

Anonymous said...

Okay, you crack me up! The Guardasil shot is for the cervical cancer in pre-pubescent girls who are going to be sexually active and get the Human Papilloma Virus (Genital warts)....

UNTIL I realized (HOPEFULLY I'm right) that it was a typo, I was thinking "Good grief, that woman's getting her baby protected REALLY young against STD's!!!

LOL Then I kept reading and saw you probably meant the flu shot. ROFLOL. HAHAHAHAHA...

Did mama get the flu shot too? I get mine the same day as the kids so they can see me doing it too. This year Landen didn't cry but we still had to pin Noah down so the needle wouldn't break off in his little leg. :(

Very cute pictures by the way!! Holy cow the jewels on that dog are pretty sizeable! LOL... You should have zoomed in on it!

Sloane said...

I still get freaked out when getting needles for taking blood or anesthesia, and sometime feel like crying, but then I remember that I am supposed to be an adult and be able to handle it.

NOT!

By the way, I posted pics of my kitchen, come take a look.

Patriot said...

Poor baby - I still hate shots!

I just came across your blog. Just wanted to let you know that I host a free giveaway every week on my blog for high quality, American made products. I don't make any money off of this, I just want to see more attention given to these products and more jobs stay in America.

I'm trying to spread the word! Come check it out!

Thank you!

Post a Comment