Saturday, October 20, 2007

Shhhhhh...Mommy has a headache!

So, I have ditched the atkins diet for the time being. It was super effective in that I lost 4 lbs in one week, but it is really hard for me. It did jump start my weight loss and I'm down a total of 7 lbs. Part of my success is using splenda instead of sugar, and making sure I feel truely hungry before I put anything in my mouth and eating small portions. The main part is that I'm not having a middle of the week beer or late night glass of wine. I'm saving all my alcohol consumption for Friday nights, and OMG did I catch up last night.

I had 4 Hoegaarten beers(recommended by the guy with the beard at my local liquor warehouse) and then a cosmopolitan. Bad idea. I woke up in the middle of the night ready to puke. Fun fun. I guess the rule, "Beer before liquor, never sicker," is true because Patty also had a midnight puke party. Can you believe that we are active PTA volunteers?

This morning was terrible. Thank goodness that Jeff took Kimberly fishing and thank goodness that Kennen will actually watch tv now. Yes I have a babysitter named TV and I'm not ashamed. Jeff came home and took one look at the pitiful look on my face and told me that I need to sweat it off. Great idea! I put on my sneakers and got my iPod and was out the door. By the look on his face, I don't think that is what he had in mind when he mentioned 'sweating' but you know what? 30 minutes later I was home, my hangover was gone and I was ready to be a functioning member of this family. We are going to the pumpkin patch later so i will post pics sometime soon!

Have a happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna go!!!! Where's this pumpkin patch located???

You made me laugh out loud when you said can you believe we're PTA volunteers?! LOL

P.S. I have a babysitter named TV too, don't be ashamed.

Post a Comment