Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My favorite time of year!

It just dawned on me that we are finally in the month of October! Hello holiday season! I've missed you! I love the cool dewy mornings. I'm really looking forward to having a fabulous Halloween. Next comes Thanksgiving...then, drum roll please, Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know how much I love Christmas? I love the cookies, the decorations from Crate and Barrel and Pier One! I cannot wait to go to garden ridge and go nuts with more decorations. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it. I've even purchased my 'holiday dress'. Normally $130, and I walked out the door with it for just $30. Oh, and the best part about it that it's a size 6. Now I am nowhere near a size six, but I think that the more expensive the store, the more 'forgiving' the sizes. Even if this dress was full price, I probably would have bought it because it looked fabulous on and was a SIZE 6! Moi? A size six? Yes of course I'm a size six...I've got the dress to prove it! I'm actually more of a 10 (a perfect 10 that is) and I will never be much less with my frame.

Speaking of my frame...it's time to pull out the big guns. I want to fully enjoy these next few months. Halloween candy, pumpkin pie, sugar cookies, turkey, stuffing, latkes and everything in between with a clear conscience. I don't want it to be full of self loathing and guilt for packing on holiday pounds...on top of my recent 10 that will not fucking budge. Until October 31, I am on a mission. I've actually started an Atkins-like diet today. I need to make a run to Sams Club to stock up on meat, cheese, eggs, broccoli, lard and imodium. :) Then once October 31st hits, I'm going to enjoy every tasty bite and not think twice about it...that is until January 1st...where my new years resolution will be to lose 10 lbs. Hopefully only 10 lbs. Sounds like a good plan, no? I've already started today and here is what kicked off my diet:

2 scrambled eggs with 1/2 cup of broccoli
Franks red hot cayenne pepper sauce. This makes everything taste like buffalo wings...es bien!
2 pieces of extra crispy bacon
2 cups of coffee with milk and splenda. I am making an allowance for milk carbs in the morning because Mommy is a bitch without a good cup of coffee.

Wish me luck!

http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com Oh, and I found this website to inspire me with everything low carb.

5 comments:

Keikicakes said...

Yeah..holidays! I'm excited too!

Anonymous said...

I am SUPER excited about the holidays too!!! You're definitely not the only one there!

I can't believe I'm going to have another BABY though before Christmas!!!!

I'm just about done Christmas shopping and it's just around the corner and knowing I'm going to have to push out this HUGE child from my loins BEFORE Christmas is making me N-E-R-V-O-U-S......

Tell me you still haven't gotten your period so I can take SOME comfort in knowing you may be going thru this in 8 1/2 months....


PLEASE???

Mrstx said...

LOL, no period yet! I really don't think I'm pregnant this time. Usually I wonder but...not this time! Holy cow! Your baby is coming before Christmas? I can't believe it! Where does the time go? Yipee!

Jimmy Moore said...

You are a trip, Stella! THANKS for sharing your enthusiasm about life and I'm so proud of you for being on the low-carb lifestyle. I've been eating this way for four years and lost almost 200 pounds in 2004--AND KEPT IT OFF EVER SINCE! WOO HOO!

Let me know if I can ever help you along in this journey to better health. THANK YOU again! ;)

Jimmy Moore
Blog: LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com
Forum: LowCarbDiscussion.com
Podcast: TheLivinLowCarbShow.com
livinlowcarbman@charter.net

tara said...

Hey. I always eat my way through the holidays. Eat and enjoy!

Post a Comment