Thursday, October 18, 2007

I've got friends in low places

Yep, when I'm feeling sorry for myself, I am lucky enough to have friends to lift my spirits. Look what I found in my inbox from my friend Laura?

Can you believe that this rugged scene pulls on my heart and makes me want to dive into a jumping cactus? This reminds me of the hundreds of trips I took to Saguaro and Canyon lake, or up to my grandparents nut farm (pistachios, not crazy people) in Wikieup. Or the drive from Phoenix to Flagstaff before you entered the forest. Arizona really is an amazing state. It's known for the dry cactus filled deserts, but drive a few hours north and you can hike in the red rocks of Sedona or go trout fishing in the creeks. Drive another hour north and you are in a thick ponderosa pine forest. You can go skiing in the winter since the top of the mountain is around 10,000ft. It's amazing! I remember my last free as a bird spring break before I was married and pregnant. I woke up in the morning on the beach in Mexico and by the time we drove home that night, we were going 30 mph with no visibility up twisting mountain roads because there was almost zero visibility due to the crazy snow storm. Oh, and we didn't have snow tires. Fun fun.


I saw some ruby red slippers yesterday while I was halloween shopping. Do you think a heel click will get me home? (theresnoplacelikehome, theresnoplacelikehome).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I really should travel more. It sounds awesome.

Kempy

stamping tx mommy said...

Wow!!! What a pretty picture! I want to go:)

Post a Comment