Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I have a question....

Why is it that I miss Jeff when he is at work. I miss him when he is fishing. I miss him when he is traveling for work. But when he tells me that he is working from home, I cringe? Maybe because in between work calls and emails, he is laying on the sofa eating Halloween candy and watching Maury. This means the kids lay on the sofa and watch Maury while eating Halloween candy too. If I am doing the dishes, he turns the tv volume up to like 50 so he can hear who the babydaddy is. I hate the tv. I had to go on a 3 mile jog/walk yesterday just to get out of the house and away from the family of sloths sitting in the living room.

But today is a new day. He has a quick business trip later this afternoon so he has time to mow the lawn. Yard work makes me hot. Do you hear that baby? Yard work makes me HOT!

The kids have been playing beautifully with each other lately. When I see them running around the back yard together being sweet and having fun, my heart wants to explode with joy. I am blessed. So far Kimberly has managed to keep her pink eyes (yes she has it in both eyes) to herself. She's looking better this morning. I really hope that she is all clear tomorrow so she can go back to school. Although I must admit that I like having her around. I miss her a lot while she is at school...she's gone from 8am to 4pm! Well, I'm off to bake some overpriced cookie dough from Kimberly cookie drive from a few weeks ago. Laterz!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which cookie doughs did you get sucked into buying? We got the macadamia nut and some rainbow chocolate chip. Both look good but hardly worth the 14 bucks we paid a piece. LOL. The tubs are half the size of the big kick ass tub from Sam's. By the way, we're NOT getting a Costco by our house like I thought. (Insert sad face here)...

You are too funny about Jeff watching Maury, laying on the couch eating Halloween candy. At least he's not up there snoring so loud you can't hear yourself think! And at least he's not sleeping every chance he's away from work! Poor Thong is so exhausted by the time he gets home (whether it's for lunch or the day) that he falls right to sleep.

At least you got out of the house for a while, huh? A 3 mile run?! Good grief, talk about motivated!!! I'm totally your admirer now. On the other hand, I lost half a pound today at my doctor's appointment!

Okay, your blog is not my blog. I'll shut up now.. ROFLOL

Mrstx said...

No Pleeeeaaaaase keep commenting! Woo hoo for that half pound! This isn't a woo hoo because you need to lose weight, but it's a woo hoo because when you start to lose weight in the 3rd trimester...it means the baby is getting ready to come out! Have you stocked up on big Texas bows? :)Oh, and it was mostly a walk but I did run twice...between two light poles. I can walk all day but running totally kicks my a$$.

I feel bad for picking on Jeff yesterday. He does work his butt off and he deserves a lazy day.

Anonymous said...

You're funny. So losing weight means I'm about to deliver? I didn't know that!! YAY!! She has the hiccups right now. The doctor said she is head-down for sure and SHOULD stay that way til she comes out of me. LOL.

He also said she feels as if she will be a big baby. He's done this for 25 years so I guess he knows what he's talking about. I just hope she isn't bigger than 9 pounds... but the way he said "She's definitely not going to be one of those six-pound babies, that's for sure".... got me a little concerned. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't go eau de naturale and didn't get an epidural or pain medications, but good grief, can you imagine birthing out a bowling ball?! OUCH!!

Are you dressing up for Halloween or taking the kids out or anything? I've stocked up on HEB soda to give out to the thirsty kids. Hopefully they'll all like it, but we are taking our kids out too, so who knows how many visitors we'll actually get to see.

Anonymous said...

You guys just crack me up. I'm sitting at work in New Zealand, it's 8:30pm and have just started. Don't finish till midnight!! I have twin terrors (4 year old boys) and if I want to spend time with them and help with the mountain of bills this is the only way I can do it. Means no time with the other half so I guess another kid is off the cards!! Stella I hear you on the blobbing in front of the TV, how is it that the kids will do that with dad, but with mum it is 20 million questions and never sitting still!! Happy Halloween, we dont' really follow it here but in saying that there is a sack full of candy next to my desk in case any kids come to the door.
cheers Kirsten

Post a Comment