Tuesday, October 9, 2007

He lived a reckless life

My larger pink kissing fish kicked the bucket sometime in the night. I came into the kitchen to make coffee this morning and I saw his crusty little body laying next to the fish bowl. :( Poor guy. It's his own fault though. He always picks on the little fish whenever it's time to eat and when they fight near the surface, they usually splash around. He must have been charging full speed at the little fish before flying through the air onto my counter top.

This is the same fish that Kennen tried to kill last year. Somehow Kennen took the fish out of the fishbowl and he must have been laying on the tile floor for 20 minutes until i found him waving his little flippers frantically. For a few days he swam in circles and floated upside down and I expected him to die, but somehow the brain damage repaired itself and he became the big bully of the fish bowl once again.

Until last night. I told Jeff it was an emergency and he had to come and help me, because there was no way I was touching that thing. Not only was he gross, but he was really sad looking too. His tail was curled up which means he didn't die laying down. The little soul was fighting to the end.

So now my day includes a trip to the pet store. You can't have one kissing fish...it takes two to tango. Or kiss...or whatever, lol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just thinking about you tonight, hoping you are feeling better than you were Sunday...

I'm sorry about your poor fish. I guess he / she learned a hard lesson... :(

Hopefully the kiddos weren't too attached to the fish or maybe won't notice there is a different one swimming around in there.

Mrstx said...

I did a quick run to the pet store while Kim was at school, so I doubt she will notice. Kennen is the only one that knows...and he can't talk...bwahahahah.

Post a Comment