Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pink is the new Eye!

Yessiree my daughter has pink eye. It's super fun! She said that her eye started hurting after she and her friend were bobbing for apples in the cooler yesterday. WTF?

I was like, "You mean the cooler that Daddy uses to go fishing in?" The one riddled with bacteria and fish guts? Yep, that's the one!

I checked out WebMD and I am pretty sure she has bacterial conjunctivitis and not viral. She has lots of goopy goo coming out of here eye. Whenever her eyes get too clouded she runs over to me flapping her little hands in the air crying, "I can't stand it anymore!" Awww, she gets hysterical just like me! :)

I did a late night run to Walmart tonight to buy her some Similisan pink eye relief drops. Right next to the eye drops were adhesive eye patches! LOL, hellz yeah! Kimberly thinks they are super cool, plus I'm hoping that it will keep her from touching her eye and spreading it to her brother (or her mother). Kim had one on and was looking in the mirror and happily exclaiming, "I look ridiculous!"

I guess this means that she can't go to school tomorrow. Oh, and I don't care if the school tells me she needs a doctors note to come back to class in the next few days. I spent the rest of the money in our health savings account on contacts for myself (selfish I know) so the school can bite me on that one. I think I better just tell the school that she has a fever. Or I will tell them that she had a fever last night and I'm keeping her home per the 'no fever for 24 hours' rule. So much for perfect attendance!

Ho hum...in other news I dyed my hair today. I don't think I've mentioned it before but I've been dying my own hair for awhile now. I really don't know what I'm doing, but the $20 I spend at Sally's sure beats the $200 I would spend at a salon. All summer long I was doing #10 blonde with 40 developer to lift my hair to super duper blonde. Now I've switched to #8 neutral blonde with a 20 developer to deposit some color and I'm pretty happy with the results. $20 happy anyway. I wish I knew how to do hilights by myself, but I am pretty sure that I'm going to teach myself how to do it sometime soon. I've seen and felt my hair get hilighted for the last decade or so I'm sure I can figure it out. It's just hair. If I fuck it up I can just shave it like Britney.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was tired too of spending the money at the salon, plus I HATE sitting there while some woman I don't know talks to me about my personal business and tells me her life story. LOL

SO I went to WALMART (not even Sally's!) and bought this "Buy one get one free" product Clairol I think it is... and just picked up chunks of hair and put the color through it. I didn't use a comb or anything. I did brush it before I did it though.

My goal was to get it primarily back to my original color without completely covering it in color. I was tired of doing the highlights, so I wanted to put dark highlights back in it so it would blend better when it would grow out.

It turned out awesome! I don't have to do any upkeep anymore.

I bet if you do your lighter color you were doing before (by doing the chunks), you'll get good highlights. If you're looking for the foil and even look, though, it definitely won't work that way. But if it's just the "sun-kissed" look you're going for, it may just work!

I'm sorry about the pink eye! You need to get her a script though for the antibiotic or she can go blind! (Then they can give you the school note, LOL) - the stuff you buy at the drug store just helps with their symptoms, not clearing up the bacteria. POOR KIMMY!!!!

Please tell me you aren't sending her to school looking like a pirate?! LOL... if you make her go with the eye patch, at least put some pink sequins on it!

Post a Comment