Saturday, July 7, 2007

Transformers...es bien!

Jeff and I actually escaped the house last night without the kids! He ended up talking me into seeing the Transformers since we have no life and have no idea what 'date night' could include other than dinner and a movie. It was a little more fun than usual because we found a movie theatre that serves food and booze to you while you watch the movie. I had pizza and 3 drinks and Jeff had a bunless burger and a diet coke since he was a big dumb animal the other day and his drinking privelidges have been revoked. :) This means I had a designated driver.

The movie, despite being a man movie, was actually pretty entertaining. Except for the hour long battle scene at the end. Well, it seems like an hour because I got up and peed twice and because I had no concept of time at that point since I was buzzed.

My in-laws are visiting and I'm really enjoying it. And taking advantage of their eagerness to do everything kid related. Kennen went to sleep at 5:30 pm last night and woke up at 4:00am ready to party. Jeff changed his diaper and then we let him tear apart our room while we dozed. I kept waking up and falling back asleep and these are the snippets I remember:

-Kennen standing on my window seat smearing lotion all over the glass
-Kennen wiping the lotion off the glass with baby wipes.
-Kennen unrolling a full roll of toilet paper to wipe the lotion off the glass.
-Kennen sitting on the window seat staring off into space until he sees me looking at him...then he smiled.
-Kennen making 'vrooming' noises.
-Kennen climbing over me so he could lay down in the middle of the bed.
-Kennen climbing over me to get out of bed because he left his binky on the window seat.
-Kennen climbing over me to lay down in the middle of the bed...this time with the binky in his mouth.

Finally at 8:00 Kimberly knocked on the door and said, "Let Kennen out, Mommy!"

Apparently he had locked the door while he was in our room. Little love. Then grandma and grandpa, fed, played with and dressed the kids for me. I slept in until 10:00am. I love it when they visit!

1 comment:

MommyStamper said...

What a great date night. So...you liked the Alamo Draft House? Good place huh? Glad you guys had fun!!!!

Post a Comment