Thursday, July 12, 2007

La di dah...

I am an official Texan now. I ran over my first armadillo today! I never realized how s.lo.w. they walk. That must be why there are so many dead ones all over the road. Kind of like squirrels in Illinois. Road kill used to really disturb me but it doesn't anymore. I wonder if I have tracked any germs into my garage via the tire-o-death, but that's about it.

I was seriously traumatized by a particular squirrel in Illinois. It was in the center median and as I was coming upon it, I could see it was perched to dart out into oncoming traffic. It started to run...it was going to make it...oh wait...it changed it's mind and ran back to the median...oh...it changed it's mind again and turned right back around and leapt right into the fender of a car. It did a starfish flip in the air (imagine all limbs stretched out) and then landed limply and continued to get run over. If only the little soul didn't hesitate.

I cried for that sweet little squirrel and then that soft spot in my heart for dead animals in the road had crusted over with a big old scab. I just don't go there anymore...it's too painful. The up side is that I can now kill bugs in my house without trying to trap them under a glass and walk them to a shady spot in the yard. No mercy. Kimmy-girl is even tougher than me.

Speaking of animals, I'm getting sick of webkinz. I have enough rooms. I have enough beds. I have enough plants in my garden. I'm almost sick of hustling the 8 year olds in checkers. Oh, actually that is still pretty fun to me. Anyway, I have decided to run an experiment. I have my webkinz running on a treadmill. Will they run indefinitely? How hungry will they get? I dunno! Cocopuff the chihuahua has been running aobut 10 minutes now and when I stopped her for a moment, she said she had stinky feet.

LOL! Those darn webkinz crack me up.

4 comments:

MommyStamper said...

That's too funny. Update us when you finish your experiment!!!

hermitgirl said...

rofl! i have got to check those things out

Unknown said...

YOU ran over an armadillo? whoa, you really ARE a Texan! Love you, Stellie!

Anonymous said...

The armidillos only come out at night, right? I always see them freshly dead in the mornings but never at any other time of day. I would freak out if I saw a real one. They look like a giant cock roach. Mull that over next time you want to play chicken with one. LOL

Post a Comment