Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Guess what?

Being a stay at home mom, who has a hacking cough, 2 sick kids, and a husband that is away on a business trip is super fun!

I have been coughing for about 3 weeks now but Jeff says that now I sound worse. I think I'm actually getting better because now my coughs are 'effective' and not dry like they used to be. He said he wanted me to go to the doctor. Doctor schmoctor. I can breath and it's probably just a virus and they are going to tell me to rest and drink lots of fluid. Um, I can't rest because I have 2 kids oh, and does coffee count as lots of fluids? Honestly, as long I take my Mucinex I feel fine.

Kennen was a little drippy this morning and then after lunch, he fell asleep on the chair in the living room. This is very weird for him. He never sleeps anywhere outside of his crib. Ever. It's mostly fantastic because he sees his bed and instantly falls asleep. It's not so good when he is tired and we aren't home. I actually got scared when I saw him because I was doing the dishes for about 10 minutes and I noticed his little blonde head slumped over in the chair. My first thought was OMG he choked on his french fry and silently suffocated!!! I ran over to him and his little chest was raising with each breath. Whew! It makes me wonder if cavemommies used to wake up in the middle of the night and reach out to feel their little cavebabies to make sure they were still breathing. I'm sure they did. :)

I put him down for a nap and when he woke up, he still had that dazed look on his face. His eyes and nose were dripping and while he was eating some goldfish, he started coughing and grabbing his throat and crying which caused him to cry some more. This went on for about a minute before I freaked out and called the doctor. Ahhhh, my kids pediatrician...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love that I can call at a moments notice and you will see my child immediately. I love how you are so good with my scaredy cat son that he doesn't cry and writhe with fear when you walk in the room. I love how you listen to his chest and convince him to take big deep breaths. I don't love it when you diagnose my son with Bronchitis. I do, however, love it when you hear my hacking cough and ask if I have been to the doctor. When I tell you no, you say that Kennen should take 3/4 tsp. of the cough medicine and I should take 2 tsp. , but make sure I don't drive after taking it. *wink wink*. And I love it when you ask me if I'm allergic to penicillin and then give me a 5 day supply of antibiotic 'samples'.

You rock Dr. L!

I just took a dose of cough medicine and now I think I need a nap. 3 hours 'til bedtime. I guess I should go cook dinner.

2 comments:

MommyStamper said...

Poor you!!!! Call if you need anything. We will be around most of the day:)

Anonymous said...

I seriously love your blogs. You crack me up. Cave women. ROFLMBO... I bet they did though! I know I always do that too!

I hope you three start to feel better really fast!!!

Post a Comment