Tuesday, July 3, 2007

business travel

Ok, so i have a few friends that have husbands that travel. They would tell me that they kind of liked it when their men traveled. Jeff has pretty much traveled 3-5 days per week since the beginning of the year. I missed him like crazy while he was gone and wandered around aimlessly like a love sick puppy until he got home. But something changed. I got used to him being gone during the week. I got used to doing everything by myself all week long. I got used to my own schedule, my own way of handling the kids. I got used to him not draping his clothes over the bedroom door(grrr). I got used to his pile of crap on the counter (wallet, hat, smokes, passport, reciepts, coins) being cleared away. I got used to my bed being easy to make in the morning because the sheets weren't crumpled up at the foot of the bed and the pillows aren't bent in half when it's just me sleeping.

Now lets talk about this week. He is not traveling this week and today is the only day he is actually going to the office. And I'm going nucking futs. I can't stand to have the tv on all day. I can't stand washing all the tupperware that he eats out of (why won't he use a regular plate? I have no idea!). Jeff is great with the kids but Kennen is still kind of scared of Jeff so he cries much more when Daddy is home. Well, it's more like a combination of hysterical laughing and crying mixed together. Kennen wants to play with Daddy, but Daddy is big and furry and talks really loud.

Today when Jeff was getting ready for work, he announced that he had to go to the office for a few hours and I smiled and said, "Okay, BYE!"

He laughed and hugged me and said, 'Look who is shooing me out the door.'

Then he said, "You want me out of the house now, but you will miss me as soon as I'm gone."

And I guess he's right. :)

1 comment:

MommyStamper said...

Harold said Kimberly called him Dad today. She said "daddy oops I mean Mr.Harold?" hehehehehe. Oh yeah, ARE YOU PREGNANT?????

love you....
The Chow:)

Post a Comment