Sunday, July 29, 2007

Celebrity Sightings

Jeff called me yesterday from the airport in L.A. and said, "Guess who I just saw in line at the airport? I not only saw them but talked to them for 15 minutes?"

"I dunno"

"Just guess...seriously!"

"Um, I don't know" (I was trying to convince Kennen to take his bath but he was saying the water was too hot and shaking his head no and backing up)

"You will never believe it! You will never guess. This is so awesome!"

"Um. I don't know baby." (at this point I am completely aghast that my son is refusing the bath that I decide to sieze the bubble bath for myself and get in the tub. All of the sudden he is interested and tries to swing his little leg over the tub. I say, 'No way! It's Mama's bath'. Then he laughes and tried to punch me in the face. I tell him hands are not for hitting and send him to his room. He hangs his head and walks away...ahhh silence!)

"Baby...are you listening? You will NEVER guess."

"Just tell me..."

(drum roll please) "Tito Ortiz! He was standing in line behind me and I was like, 'No way'."

I screamed! Not because I care about ultimate fighting, but I know that Jeff really really really does. Jeff said that he was totally nice and cool and not stuck up at all. Jeff used to do jiu jitsu training in AZ and this is the reason that we cannot cuddle. If I try to cozy up to him and put my arms around him, it awakens those years of technical training and he starts to slowly put me in an arm bar.

Jeff talked to him about Tito's recent fights and the UFC reality show and Jeff said that after the excitement that this was Tito frickin' Ortiz, that it felt like he was just talking to a buddy about UFC stuff. I was so excited for him because I know that this just put him in the best mood ever!

Jeff was in first class on his flight home, and he said that the guy sitting next to him must have been famous too because a few people asked him for his autograph.

"Really? Cool! Who was it?"

"I don't know...some pussy with a Louis Vuitton bag."

No comments:

Post a Comment