Monday, July 9, 2007

Chocolate cake every day...es no bien!

Ugh! One more day until everything is back to normal. I guess I am much less flexible than I used to be. As much as I loved spending every day over the last week with my husband and his family, I an so over it. I have been eating too much, drinking too much, staying up too late and just being a big lazy sloth. My in-laws visit allows me to sleep in, come and go as I please, eat at lots of restaurants etc. I did actually clean my kitchen last night before my mother in law got to it. Is this what it will feel like to be retired? No kids to be responsible for. No job for Jeff to get up early for every day.

Will we look at each other every day when we are 65 and say, 'what do you want to do?' 'I dunno, what do you want to do?' 'We have all this free time so we should do something.' 'Yeah, I know are there any movies playing?' Then we will go and see 2 movies in one day just like we did a few days ago. Of course one was Ratatoulle and we saw that in the morning with the kids and then the other was Transformers at night but still. All I want to do is this whole housewife thing (because I have been seriously slacking and my laundry monster is back with a venegance.) Jeff has a huge pile of work to face today but this morning he skipped off happily to face the real world. He did feign some dread about the morning commute, because that's what you are supposed to say. But we all know that as soon as he walked out the door, lit a cigarette (yes, he still smokes) and turned on talk radio in his truck, he sang, "I got no strings on meeeeee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment