Wednesday, July 18, 2007

...but I still refuse to scrapbook.

I am excited! Jeff cashed in 36,000 frequent flier miles for a new digital camera. All I know is that it's a Fuji Finepix with 7ish megapixels and 10x optical zoom. Sounds good to me! I haven't been able to take pics of my babies in a long time since I lost my camera. I have been relying on my in-laws and Dr. N to document the last 6 months of my childrens lives.

Want to hear a funny story? When Kimmy-girl was a month old, Jeff's parents brought us dinner and hung out with the baby and took a ton of pictures. A few weeks later they brought over copies for us. I WASN'T IN A SINGLE PICTURE! I know that they were mostly there to document the baby but there were pics of Jeff holding Kimberly, grandpa and grandma holding Kimberly...but her mother had mysteriously disappeared. I was annoyed and told Jeff that it bothered me. The next time we saw them, he told them to make sure that they got pics of me too...since I am the vessel that delivered their grandchild and all. A few days later they gave us the pictures and I took one look at them and I c.r.i.e.d. They did indeed have me pose for pictures and said things like, "Smile Stella!", but my head was halfway chopped out of every picture. There was the 'family' shot of me, Jeff and Kimberly but there was a cup on a table in front of me and you couldn't see my face at all...just my hair framing the cup.

Um, yeah. Apparently we needed to work out the terms of our relationship. :) My in-laws and I are in a very good place now. It's almost to the point that I make out better than Jeff. My mil sent us Hanukkah presents with both of our names on the gift...but they were clearly for me. It was a wine decanter and a gorgeous pewter serving tray. I was over the moon and Jeff was like...wow, neat :/ . Plus that year I got Jeff a bunch of Jos A. Banks work shirts. Poor guy...
My mom did come through and give him a bunch of cash on a Bass Pro gift card. He was happy with that.

Anyway, I am giddy about my camera! We did more landscaping this weekend and I want to take pics of that, plus of course the kiddos.

Wow, this blog entry is all over the map! OK, my cough medicine with codeine is kicking in and I need a nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the new camera!!! It's been FOREVER since I've seen new pictures of you guys and the backyard.

My camera mysteriously disappeared when we had movers take our stuff from one house to another so I guess I have to wait til September for my birthday before I get another one.

Can't wait to see the pictures!!! Oh yeah, and by the way, i would have cried too with not being in the pictures then getting cut off!!

Anonymous said...

Woohooo your getting a camera. I am so excited to see new pictures of your family. Ur crazy scrapbooking is fun! ;-)

Post a Comment