Thursday, July 26, 2007

I did a very bad thing.

But it's really a very good thing. Remember that $300 I wanted to pay a cleaning/laundry folding lady? Well, I went to Tummies and Tots because they are having a going out of business clearance sale. With my $300 I bought a bed and 2 adorable shelves for Kimberlys room. I went to my neighbors house for a birthday party last night and 2 things happened. I got inspired by looking at her 2 little girls adorable rooms and second, she also told me about the going out of business sale at Tummies and Tots. There is still more stuff on sale but I'm going to wait a week and see if it goes lower than 50%. I got a fabulous deal so the only reason this is bad is because I didn't consult my husband. He who maketh all the money didn't approveth the purchase. Not that he knows if we can afford it or not because I manage our money. We really are trying to save. Actually, we are trying to save $300 per paycheck. Ah well. Maybe next pay period I will do better. But seriously? It was beyond my control. I actually saved us $300 because it was all on sale. See? This is why I am in charge of the money...because I am so good at saving.

p.s. Harry Potter is amazing...but I'm still not finished yet! Darn kids! Don't you know that Mommy is reading book 7???

2 comments:

~Penny~ said...

Stella,
You crack me up on a daily basis, really you do!

I just wanted to give you props that you are an awesome mom that is real!

I am the same age as you and I couldn't even imagine it!

Mrstx said...

Penny: I can barely imagine it myself sometimes...

:)

Post a Comment