Friday, July 20, 2007

Modern medicine is great!

Once I start coughing, I can't seem to stop. Or catch my breath. I don't like to take medicine but I'm glad that I have Kennen's super duper cough medicine (with hydrocodine). When I'm in the middle of hacking up a lung, my kids just stop and stare at me. Two sets of (my) big blue eyes and two somber faces. I think they are waiting to see if I'm going to breathe again. Then my over-active imagination kicks in and I wonder how it would affect the babies to see me turn blue and pass out. So I take a shot of cough syrup.

I am so excited to get the new Harry Potter book! Should I go at midnight and get my red hot hands on a book? Should I wait until the morning? I really want to get it asap because I don't want the ending to be given away before I get a chance to read it myself. I first got addicted to Harry Potter when I was first pregnant with Kimberly. My morning sickness was terrible. Jeff was living in a bachelor pad (oops! did I mention that I was pregnant before I was married?) with 2 of his friends and I pretty much came to visit and then never left. I'm sure they were thrilled when they got up for work every morning and saw me laying on the couch, eating saltines and watching 'A Baby Story'. :) And I'm sure they were super excited when I puked all over their bathmats and threw them away. And I know they loved it when my friends called me 50 times a day. They actually put their foot down on that one. They had my friends numbers blocked from calling the house anymore. I got the message that they were sick of the pregnant girl taking over their house so i retreated to Jeffs bedroom (he was at work...installing fire sprinklers I think) and read Harry Potter. It was wonderful. I was sucked into this magical world and it was the only time I didn't think about how I was constantly on the verge of puking. Anyway, so writing about reading H.P. is getting me all excited so I think I am definitely going to line up at midnight to get my hot off the press copy.

p.s. Sorry Geno and Adam, and thank you for being such great friends to Jeff and for putting up with me for those months!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter comes out of the closet and his wizard kills him, and then some guy from 1st street files a "Hate crime" against them and they win. The freaking end.

J/K

I have never read or seen any Harry Potter book or movie. I don't get it. LOL

I bet you finished the book already huh?

Did you know the lady who writes the Harry Potter stuff was homeless when she first started writing? Sad huh.

Isn't that sweet you took over Jeff's bachelor pad and puked all over?! I love it. He must really love you!!! Most "single" guys would have had a coniption fit.

Anonymous said...

Haha...thanks for taking me down memory lane. I think i remember who got banned from calling you. Too funny.

Post a Comment