Tuesday, July 24, 2007

!

The only title I can think of for this blog entry is an exclamation point because I am exasperated that I am still feeling like shit. I thought I was better all morning yesterday, but then I tried to do the dishes and the exertion(sp?) caused me cough and turn blue and get yelled at by my sickandstayedhomefromworkhusband to take more cough medicine. He wasn't being mean, but he knows that I'm stubborn about medicine and actually admitting that I'm not well is hard for me and sometimes I need to be yelled at to take my medicine. Kind of like a 5 year old little girl I know.

Kennen is well and very hyper. This morning he brought me a garbage bag and said, "Uh-eeeee! Uh-Nenen, uh elp uh-aaaayyy uh-uhhhhh." I knew it had to be a mess of some sort because he is very much into cleaning and keeping things organized, and in his little toddler brain the garbage bag was exactly the solution to the chaos that was waiting for me in the kitchen. I forced myself to get out of bed and when I went into the kitchen, I saw that he had scattered rice all over the kitchen floor. I think he is trying to feed our pet ants. I cleaned it up and almost cried because as I was dragging the broom across the floor, it kept catching on the dried juice and dried clumps of jello all over the floor. We have been walking in this sticky shit for days and have tracked it all over the wood floor and the result is that there is a thin film of schmutz everywhere. And I'm the only one that will clean it up. Oh, and Kennen spilled red gatorade in 3 different places on our carpet. And we have ants. And the laundry monster is seriously out of control. But it's always out of control. But now I'm afraid to go through it because there are ants. Mommyyyyyy!

Every once in awhile we have little hispanic ladies come to our door and pass out fliers for house cleaning. I swear if they knocked on our door today I would beg them to help me. I would pay them $300 and I wouldn't even report them if they found something in my house worth stealing. I have happy memories as a child where I went to sleep on Friday night to a house that my brother and I made a mess of all week long during the summer, and then I would wake up on Saturday morning to a fresh clean house with all of the windows open and the smell of breakfast cooking in the kitchen. My Mom was a miracle worker. I wish I could hole myself up in a room with Harry Potter for a few hours and then come out to a bright and clean house. But I'm the Mom now and I'm the one that is supposed to make miracles happen.

Yipee! Patty just called and offered to take Kimberly to Chick fil A and Target with her and her boys. Oh happy day! Now I just have to make Kennen tired enough to nap while she is gone so I can clean in peace. I love my neighbors. It's great having good friends just doors away. Awww, my whole outlook on life is a little brighter now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cute that your baby likes to clean.

Yuck...ants. Poor Stella. I read that dryer sheets gets rid of the ants....

Post a Comment